Outlook e mail

Reaction score
Please assist; I am having problems with my e mail. When I first upgraded to windows 10 it worked fine. I added my extra accounts and that worked fine for a few days. Now, when I try to access the e mail the page freezes and I am unable to view any of my e mails or anything else. I cannot view setting or anything so unable to reset anything,

Any words of wisdom?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I would normally recommend running Windows Updates as there have been a couple over the past few days that may help.
But if you cannot access settings it might be a bit difficult, so......
Try this
either right click the taskbar and choose task manager or use Ctrl + Alt + Delete keys and choose it from there
from the menu bar select "File" and then "run new task"
and type
ms-settings:windowsupdate
hit enter or click OK if available.

Reaction score
Thanks I can see that there are updates.....it says "waiting for installation" how do I force the install? Why has it not run automatically as it is set to do so?

Any words of wisdom?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Sorry, but I really don't know.
Perhaps a reboot, in case there are already installed updates pending a reboot. Just a guess.
Also, there are several app updates in the Store that will need to be downloaded an installed as well, once you have the Windows Updates issued resolved.

Kat

Reaction score
I would normally recommend running Windows Updates as there have been a couple over the past few days that may help.
But if you cannot access settings it might be a bit difficult, so......
Try this
either right click the taskbar and choose task manager or use Ctrl + Alt + Delete keys and choose it from there
from the menu bar select "File" and then "run new task"
and type
ms-settings:windowsupdate
hit enter or click OK if available.

I have a similar problem. Outlook loads very slowly. I can get to Settings, but when I click on Windows Updates the screen shows "..." scrolling across the top but the updates page never loads. This is a new problem as of yesterday. Prior to that everything was running smoothly.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I have a similar problem. Outlook loads very slowly. I can get to Settings, but when I click on Windows Updates the screen shows "..." scrolling across the top but the updates page never loads. This is a new problem as of yesterday. Prior to that everything was running smoothly.
Have you considered a system restore to a point in time prior to the issue first occurring?
WARNING..... danger will robinson.
Please backup any critical data in advance of attempting any repair procedures. I strongly suggest a disk image also. Even a bad image (one of a system that is not optimal) is better than no image.

Those of us who have worked with Windows 10 since Ocotober 1st of last year (version 9841) are all too familiar with Windows Updates fixing one thing and breaking something else.
AND
It seems that, that is what is going on currently, at least in some cases.

Kat

Reaction score
Trouble, thank you for the suggestion. Restoring to a previous point in time seems to have resolved the issue. I never had issues like this in Windows 7 so would not have thought about doing that!

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Restoring to a previous point in time seems to have resolved the issue
Good to hear and glad to know that you've managed to resolve your issue.
Unfortunately, the update that may have caused this is probably going to come back again to produce a similar problem.
I know Microsoft is working furiously with update cumulative rollup packages and hopefully they'll have another soon, that will address this problem

Ask a Question