Outlook email address book

Reaction score
I have Outlook (2014 build 139.29.20296) which I think in last few days has updated itself. I have microsoft office and it's set to do automatic updates. This is on a PC.

In outlook, when starting a new email, I type a person's name in the to box; it now shows email addresses (in a pop-up box) in a different way.
In my address book I have one email address for a person ending in @virginmedia.com. This person also has / had other email addresses ending for example in .ac.uk. In the last few days it has been offering me an email address ending in .ac.u [ie incomplete] - see attd and another email address no longer used. I deleted the person's contact details, rebooted my PC (windows 10) and then in outlook "add new entry" put in the one correct email address ONLY. However the incorrect and old email addresses are still coming up, so must be stored in outlook somehow. This is nothing to do with one particular person, I have the same thing happening with a few other peoples emails. So it looks as though all the old (and also possibly incompletely typed in before) email are still stored in my outlook.pst file.
The new way of showing email addresses as a person's name is typed in is in my mind not so user friendly as it was a few days ago, even without the extra un-needed emails addresses.
Any thoughts?

Attachments

• email address problem.jpg
    email address problem.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 84
Reaction score
I have Outlook (2014 build 139.29.20296) which I think in last few days has updated itself. I have microsoft office and it's set to do automatic updates. This is on a PC.

In outlook, when starting a new email, I type a person's name in the to box; it now shows email addresses (in a pop-up box) in a different way.

In my address book I have one email address for a person ending in @virginmedia.com. This person also has / had other email addresses ending for example in .ac.uk. In the last few days it has been offering me an email address ending in .ac.u [ie incomplete] - see attd and another email address no longer used. I deleted the person's contact details, rebooted my PC (windows 10) and then in outlook "add new entry" put in the one correct email address ONLY. However the incorrect and old email addresses are still coming up, so must be stored in outlook somehow. This is nothing to do with one particular person, I have the same thing happening with a few other peoples emails. So it looks as though all the old (and also possibly incompletely typed in before) email are still stored in my outlook.pst file.

The new way of showing email addresses as a person's name is typed in is in my mind not so user friendly as it was a few days ago, even without the extra un-needed emails addresses.

Any thoughts?

Attachments

• email address problem.jpg
    email address problem.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 77

Ask a Question