Outlook PST files

Reaction score
I have Outlook 2016 on Windows 10 and have managed to locate the Outlook data files but cannot open them as I get the message "Class not registered". I have also used the repair tool to repair the files. Can you help please? Thanks, John

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Open Outlook and from the menu tab select File -> Open Export
Then click Open Outlook Data File and browse to .pst file.

Capture.PNG

Reaction score
I have Outlook 2016 on Windows 10 and have managed to locate the Outlook data files but cannot open them as I get the message "Class not registered". I have also used the repair tool to repair the files. Can you help please? Thanks, John
Open Outlook and from the menu tab select File -> Open Export
Then click Open Outlook Data File and browse to .pst file.

View attachment 6733
Thank you. I have found the PST file as above but as I said when I try to open it I get the message "Class not registered"

Reaction score
Thank you. I will try the above. I did note from the site that there is a freeware app that will open corrupt PST files. I might try that as I am not fully computer literate. I also noticed that all my PST files had the same number of kilobytes so the problem may be that the information from my emails etc is not actually being saved to a PST file. Thanks again for your help.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I did note from the site that there is a freeware app that will open corrupt PST files. I might try that
Just make sure that you make a copy of the .pst file and use that to attempt any repair or recovery using any freeware you might use. Sometimes such programs can make things worse instead of better.
I also noticed that all my PST files had the same number of kilobytes
What size are they?
IF they are only kilobytes, then they might not contain anything of importance.
IF you were using IMAP instead of POP3 then perhaps your emails are stored in an .ost rather than a .pst.

Reaction score
Just make sure that you make a copy of the .pst file and use that to attempt any repair or recovery using any freeware you might use. Sometimes such programs can make things worse instead of better.

What size are they?
IF they are only kilobytes, then they might not contain anything of importance.
IF you were using IMAP instead of POP3 then perhaps your emails are stored in an .ost rather than a .pst.
265 kilobytes and files are definitely in an Outlook PST format. Thanks.

Ask a Question