over-sensitive cursor

Reaction score
Hi guys,
(already was helped out of another problem by Geek - thanks again!):

Can one change the sensitivity of the cursor?
What I refer to is that, whenever you approach a window outline or border, within few millimeters it has gone beyond; in corners it is worse. I would like a more generous acceptance of being still close enough as to click-and-drag borders or corners.
Best to all
Willy

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Mouse
OR
Just click the start button and type the word mouse and hit enter
Select the pointer options tab and use the Slow Fast slider to select your desired p[ointer speed and experiment with the "Enhance pointer precision" check box and see if checking or unchecking makes a difference.

Capture1.PNG

Reaction score
Thanks 'Trouble', but no - didn't do the trick; curious, in German that tab/box reads (translated) Improve cursor acceleration - whatever that does or should do.
With my aging fingers, it is a task to stop almost dead-on the lines or corners -- so more room or tolerance would be good, only 4-5 pixels are hard to aim at.
Cheers

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
So if you drag the slider all the way to the left and click apply........
It's still too fast??

Reaction score
Thanks 'Trouble' - it decelerates the inch-per-mouse movement; meaning that with a short swift of your hand, you either get an inch (on slow) or more than 2 full pages (on fast).
It does not help when getting to the edges - unless of course I wanted to have it on slow-slow and (just to get to a corner or edge) would have to move and raise, move-back-in-air, set-down, move again ... not very practical.
Having 2 monitors, i want/need the mouse to be swift; when getting to a window border or corner, I would like to have a major margin where the cursor indicates- hey, here I am close to your goal (not dead-on, what for?).

Ask a Question