Paged Pool Memory Increasing Over Time

Reaction score
PC info: ASUS X555LN Notebook
RAM: 8 GB

i use my pc for long period of time (~10 hrs a day). don't remember ever faced this HUGE RAM CONSUMPTION issue for over 1.5 year.

now, my ram consumption gradually increases over time. with no programs running foreground, ram is 60-70%. shutting down or signing out doesnt play any effect. only after a restart, ram shows 15-20%, and then it gradually increases.

comparing with others pc, i found that "paged pool" memory is increasing over time but never decreases or stay constant.
reinstalled windows 10 a few times, updated all drivers, still no success
Capture.PNG

[the paged pool is showing 2.0 GB]

Regedit32

Reaction score
What third party applications are installed and/or running on your computer?

Are you using a third party Antivirus application? [ e.g. McAfee, Norton, AVG, Trend Micro, etcetera . . . ]

In Task Manager, when you look at the Processes tab click the Memory header of column once or twice to cause the displayed processes to appear in the order of highest to lower memory use.
  • Which processes are using the most memory and how much?

The point of all these questions is to attempt to identify what may be forcing the high paged pooling. It could be as simple as running an application that is not compatible with Windows 10, or running an application that due to a bug has a memory leak.

One last question: Is there any reason you are still on OS Build 14393.0? Have you considered upgrading to Windows 10 Creator [ Version 1703, (OS Build 15063.332)?

Reaction score
all installed apps [and drivers of manufacturers website]

u1.PNG
u2.PNG

About antivirus: i use avast free antivirus (always keep it up to date). recently i uninstalled it to see if it causes the memory problem. Paged Pool Memory is increasing even after uninstalling avast.

About ''Which processes are using the most memory and how much''
when no programs are running foreground, this screenshot was captured. i never noticed any background program consuming huge amount of RAM. although the Paged Pool memory just keep increasing.

77d8394d-60ef-4407-9b56-69d13ffb5ba4.PNG

About Windows Update: yes i have upgraded my windows to latest 15063.332 build few days ago with a clean install from bootable USB. still facing High Ram Use problem.
so much what i have noticed,
after Windows+Drivers+Avast installation, everything seem fine. while the PC is running, the paged pool memory increased a bit like 400MB, but after shutdown it decreased to something like 220MB

after installing Adobe PS, Chrome, MS Office etc. the ram management begin to act weird. say, paged pool memory increased to 500MB, after shutdown it shows something like 450MB. and then it gradually keeps increasing like this.

when the PC is restarted, Paged Pool goes back to normal like 250MB... but then it keep increasing again.

i have been using my pc for 2 years, can't remember i ever faced RAM problem like this.
i just can't figure out is it because of Windows or my installed Programs ( actually i run these programs for years,and keep them updated. dont know if the updates causing problem)

thank you for reading all the staffs.
waiting for a solution.

Reaction score
What third party applications are installed and/or running on your computer?

Are you using a third party Antivirus application? [ e.g. McAfee, Norton, AVG, Trend Micro, etcetera . . . ]

In Task Manager, when you look at the Processes tab click the Memory header of column once or twice to cause the displayed processes to appear in the order of highest to lower memory use.
  • Which processes are using the most memory and how much?

The point of all these questions is to attempt to identify what may be forcing the high paged pooling. It could be as simple as running an application that is not compatible with Windows 10, or running an application that due to a bug has a memory leak.

One last question: Is there any reason you are still on OS Build 14393.0? Have you considered upgrading to Windows 10 Creator [ Version 1703, (OS Build 15063.332)?

the answers are posted.
thank you

Ask a Question