Paint 3D: Double Image

Reaction score
Okay, I've been using Paint 3D for a while now (even though I only kind of halfway know how to use it). :confused: However, it's been serving my purposes. But lately, after taking a screenshot of something, somehow, it now also includes my desktop screen saver. Or in other words, a double image. But below is an image of a screenshot that I took for another thread, and then alongside it, is an image of my desktop screen saver that decided to come along for the ride. :confused: (And yes, I edited it for my other thread.)

double.image.2.png

Therefore, if anyone has ever seen this before or knows anything about this or knows how to fix this, please let me know.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I think the trees part of the posted image is the wallpaper/background rather than the screensaver. And doing a screen shot gets everything visible, not just the active program window which on that image is the dark/left section. I have been using the Snipping tool to Select and Copy just the part I want.

Reaction score
I think the trees part of the posted image is the wallpaper/background rather than the screensaver. And doing a screen shot gets everything visible, not just the active program window which on that image is the dark/left section. I have been using the Snipping tool to Select and Copy just the part I want.
But that's not the way it used to work. Because the trees part is shown when you right click on the task bar at the bottom and pull up the menu and select "Show the desktop," and then everything goes to that screen (on my computer, it's the trees part). Therefore, when I pressed the Prnscn button, the Windows version of AIMP was showing on my entire screen. But it didn't do that 6 months ago. It only screen-shot the page that covered the screen at the time.

Reaction score
All I can come up with is a Win10 feature of having 2 programs open, right-clicking the Taskbar then choose Show windows side by side followed by closing one.

1683510292205.png

Reaction score
The problem is using the windows builtin Print screen function captures all the screens - from the image posted it looks like you have two monitors. Find a utility that allows you to capture a single monitor of your choice and paste that into paint.
Another approach - disconnect your secondary monitor when taking the screen shot - reconnect the monitor back after screen shot taken and paste in paint.

Disconnecting the secondary monitor makes the second screen unavailable when taking print screen so it only captures primary screen and whatever is on the screen at the time of taking the PRINT screen.

Reaction score
Get the lightshot app, and it lets you select exactly what you want a screenshot of

Ask a Question