SOLVED Password lock my reserve partition

Reaction score
Hi all,

how can I password lock my reserve partition without having to take evening classes in computer programming if at all possible please!. :D

I have my C: drive and a reserve partition (E:), I want to password lock/protect the latter. Any suggestions?. :)

Reaction score
Wolfie I have found that the native Bit Locker works well for me. I have used it on partitions containing personal files and currently using it on my File History Backup USB.
You can access it through the control panel "Bit Locker"

Reaction score
Hi Norton,

thanks for your reply but I don't want to use encryption as I had a bad day using it once! (That was under Linux I must admit!). :)

I just want to use to a password to block easy access to the reserve partition so if anyone clicks on it, it will require the password first!. :cool:

Reaction score
Wolfie The best protection for your reserve partition from spying eyes is to always sign out.

Reaction score
Read Part 3 in this Article I posted recently:
Hi Regedit32,

I read through part 3 per your suggestion and it seems that it would disable the drive I want to keep from prying eyes; even from me, is my assumption correct?. :)

Regedit32

Reaction score
I read through part 3 per your suggestion and it seems that it would disable the drive I want to keep from prying eyes; even from me, is my assumption correct?.

That is correct Wolfie, and if you set its Data value to 0, or remove the registry key then you can view it again, and when finished accessing it, modify the registry again.

If there are multiple Users set up on your computer, and you wish to prevent certain Users only, as the Administrator, you'd sign in to their account, then modify the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer for their User Profile, while leaving your User Profile non modified.

Reaction score
Thanks @Regedit32,

I think I will leave it as is as I don't want to have to mess with regedit every time I need to go to the reserve partition.

It isn't a major requirement so I will mark this as solved. Thanks to all for your help. :D

Ask a Question