Password not recognised after update to 1803

Reaction score
I like others have had no end of issues with failing software updates recently.

The previous Windows 10 update was constantly failing on my PC and after a few calls to the place where i bought it from (less than a year ago) i thought there was hope. He sad that the 1803 update should fix any problems i was having.

Long story short, the 1803 update downloads and then seemingly installs ok. However, when the computer boots for the 1st time after install i am asked to put my password in which it doesnt recognise. I restart the computer and it restores my previous version. I tried disabling my password but it still asks for it after upgrading and it still doesnt recognise it.

Once the old windows version is installed my password is accepted as normal.

Can any one help?

I have a custom built gaming PC from a UK company called Chillblast. They are unable to help and have suggested a clean install of 1803 which is my last port of call.

Reaction score
It taken five tries to get it downloaded and installed. Now comes the problem(s). This version 1803 wiped out all my usernames and passwords. Not only that is a pain, it won't allow me to reenter my information, saying it due to security reasons. It also won't allow me to re-register as some part of my username or password is in the security paks.

Reaction score
@MaximoMark, any chance you have another account with a different password, such as local or Microsoft? Are you using a Microsoft account? Do you have more than one Microsoft account? Have you tried changing your password for a local and Microsoft account while in the old version? If you are using numbers, some times the numlock doesn't work on the numbers pad on boot so you might use the normal numbers.

@JDZ710A, Windows asked me to change my password once because it was similar to another piece of info for the account. If by "your information" you are referring to security questions, I had to reset those in the past 6 months, I think I remember.

Reaction score
I too have had exactly the same problem with the "incorrect password" issue after the 1803 update. I too have a Chillblast Desktop (6 months old) . After numerous update attempts and following a call to Chillblast I decided to do a "clean" install. All works well now but it's a lot of work to rebuild from scratch.
My HP laptop also has a password issue since 1803 was installed. When I boot up the laptop the only way I can get to the password box to enter my password is to use Ctrl Alt Del' to enable the log-in box to be displayed.
I have wasted two days of my life sorting out the desktop for an update that offers no significant improvements, so my advise is DO NOT DOWNLOAD IT! :(

Reaction score
I too have had exactly the same problem with the "incorrect password" issue after the 1803 update. I too have a Chillblast Desktop (6 months old) . After numerous update attempts and following a call to Chillblast I decided to do a "clean" install. All works well now but it's a lot of work to rebuild from scratch.
My HP laptop also has a password issue since 1803 was installed. When I boot up the laptop the only way I can get to the password box to enter my password is to use Ctrl Alt Del' to enable the log-in box to be displayed.
I have wasted two days of my life sorting out the desktop for an update that offers no significant improvements, so my advise is DO NOT DOWNLOAD IT! :(
Yeah, it’s looking like a clean install is the way I’ll have to go if I want to install it.

Since getting the computer I’ve had nothing but issues with Windows. The current 1703 update won’t update properly so every time I switch my computer off it try’s to update but fails.

Reaction score
Exactly the same issue - after update to 1803, windows will no longer accept my passwoed (pin), and I have to revert to the previous version.

I also have a Chillblast desktop - seems like a pattern here.

Anyone have a solution other than the clean install?

Reaction score
Hi Matt,

you can try resetting your PC!, make sure you choose to keep files though, BACK UP ALL YOUR DATA IN CASE THINGS GO WRONG!. :)

reset.jpg

TJJ

Reaction score
Exactly the same issue - after update to 1803, windows will no longer accept my passwoed (pin), and I have to revert to the previous version.

I also have a Chillblast desktop - seems like a pattern here.

Anyone have a solution other than the clean install?

TJJ

Reaction score
I have a Chillblast desktop PC and I have exactly the same problem with a password. I've tried all the obvious things but still get locked out after the update and it's driving me crazy.

Ask a Question