Password Picture needs reboot to work

Reaction score
A couple weeks ago I received a replacement computer, an HP Envy 17t to replace an HP Envy 15t which was basically a lemon. Both computers had Windows 10 Pro installed. It takes forever for the lock screen to load the password picture. I have three motions set up and the computer freezes after I perform the first motion. If I persists it tells me that I entered the wrong password and I should restart. Problem is I can move the arrow but it doesn't work and I can't restart. the only thing I can do is turn off the computer using the power button. Upon reboot I usually can perform the three motions and go on to the desktop. I was using the same password picture on the old Envy and it worked perfectly. I called HP support and they want me to reinstall Windows. I'm not that computer savvy and It took more than three whole days to get back to normal and reinstall everything and I would really prefer not to have to go through that again. Anyone have any suggestions? I would be very grateful. Thank you.

Reaction score
I would make sure you have all the latest Windows updates. Go to Settings > Update and Security > click on Windows Update in the menu on the left.

Reaction score
I would make sure you have all the latest Windows updates. Go to Settings > Update and Security > click on Windows Update in the menu on the left.

Yes, thank you, I am up to date. The computer is set up to get the Windows updates automatically.

Ask a Question