PC Id numbers needed to save...

Reaction score
Might someone share what hardware id numbers I need to backup/save . Since windows 10 upgrade I am at a loss. I have old id numbers saved that might need to be updated or just deleted...Thank you...

Reaction score
The hardware ID numbers shouldn't change regardless of the OS/Operating System in use, only when devices are replaced with newer. Most of what I need to know is garnered by using the free SPECCY from www.piriform.com and/or the free Advisor from www.belarc.com, run them and save the results to the drive.

Reaction score
The hardware ID numbers shouldn't change regardless of the OS/Operating System in use, only when devices are replaced with newer. Most of what I need to know is garnered by using the free SPECCY from www.piriform.com and/or the free Advisor from www.belarc.com, run them and save the results to the drive.
Thank you Mr Bighorn...If I up-graded from w-7 to w-10 through Microsoft, Then I don`t need an earlier product key or license number... if I have to reinstall w-10,,,right..? Or will either if needed be on the Belarc or Speecy app../ Thanks...Jim

Reaction score
Right, Windows 10 activates with a Digital License, reinstalls should not require a number [Product Key], is stored on one of Microsoft's database servers, hopefully for a millennia.

Reaction score
Right, Windows 10 activates with a Digital License, reinstalls should not require a number [Product Key], is stored on one of Microsoft's database servers, hopefully for a millennia.
Thank you sir...

Ask a Question