SOLVED PC Randomly Locks Up

Reaction score
Not sure if my title is too vague, but here is my issue. Recently built a new PC, running Win 10 pro. Had issue with graphics card and removed to RMA it. Purchased new CPU to utilize integrated graphics ports. Every once in a while (about once or twice a week) PC will lock-up, meaning the mouse will freeze and the keyboard will not work. Thought it may be the wireless mouse/keyboard, so connected wired inputs. Not the problem as far as I can tell. Last time it occurred, I went into event viewer and found FUFAXSTM.exe and FUFAXLDB.dll in the error list. Not sure why my Epson printer FAX utility would cause issues, but I uninstalled the program (don't have phone line anyway). Like I said, it is random, so I never know when it will occur again. I'm running the Windows Defender program and Malwarebytes, but am not sure if these are enough to check for viruses or trojans. Is this issue (FUFAX) a known issue, or am I just being paranoid? I tried attaching a DM log collector zipfile, but it was too large to upload. Any suggestions would be very helpful. Thanks!

Reaction score
Malwarebytes and Defender should be fine and should show you if you have malware or a virus. How are your temps? A complete lockup without any blue screens are usually a sign of overheating.

Reaction score
Thanks for the response. I believe I tracked it down to a combination of two things. The first was the FAX utility for the Epson printer. Once I uninstalled that program I haven't had any problems with it locking up. Another thing I did was physically install my original CPU (Ryzen 5 1600X) instead of the Ryzen 52400G that I put in to utilize integrated graphics ports on mobo. I occasionally monitor my temps with CPUID. So far, they have been in range. Thanks again.

Ask a Question