PC Won't Connect to the Microsoft Display Adapter

Reaction score
Product: HP ProBook 650 G4
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-Bit)

I purchased the Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter for my tv but it will not connect to my laptop.

It shows up on the list of devices, and when I click connect, the black bar at the top of my screen says "connected" however on the TV it either stays on the connecting screen, or goes black. Then after about 10-15 seconds, it changes to "disconnected" on my PC, and then the error sometimes comes up, "Something went wrong, the device couldn't connect." It also appears that during this short time of connection or when it disconnects or something, the wifi goes out for a quick second.

I have tried looking for driver updates, but through device manager everything quickly says it is up to date. There are no windows updates to be installed (however I have had issues with them in the past) and this is the first time I'm trying to do this so I don't know if it was a new update that is causing this (as I saw other people post about). I ran a system check, disabled the firewall, allowed the app through the firewall, etc. I was able to update the firmware on the device but only through another laptop which it works fine with. And it didn't help. I also just went to the intel website and updated everything there. Miracast: Available, with HDCP

Please help!

Ask a Question