PC won't restart

Reaction score
Hello. Just found this forum and am really hoping someone can help me out here. I was having a problem with my PC not restarting with an external SSD connected. I'm new to PC (used a Mac most of my life) and had no idea that when I do a clean install of Windows 10, I need to disconnect all USB drives so... I re-re-installed Windows with no devices connected and was advised to make sure my BIOS/UEFI settings were configured correctly so I went into my BIOS and poked around in the 'boot' settings and... long story short, now my computer won't restart at all. I can start it by pressing the button on the front but to install software, it seems like a bad idea to keep doing that.

I'm an old guy and I don't understand what RAID controllers (if that's a thing) or even what BIOS are... so if someone could please explain in very simple terms what the 'start up management' or boot sequence should look like, I would really appreciate it.

Thank you.

Reaction score
Need a little ore info. How did you do the installation - usb, mounted iso..etc"?
when you played around in the bios, you probably took the hd out of the lop, which had the windows installed.
By the way, there is no reason to remove any devices, in order to install. In fact, it can benefit toleave them, as Windows will probably find them ans set the, up.
In anticipation of your next post - do you know how to access your bios from where you are now?

Ask a Question