PC won't work scanner after upgrade

Reaction score
We have used the free windows 10 upgrade. Since this we can no longer use our HP Envy 5530 scanner.
Using wireless we can still print fine.
PC clearly see's the Envy 5530 but when asked to scan a window appears saying it cant see it.
We have ran all the HP diagnostics and uploaded the latest drivers.
Basically we keep being told that everything is ok and should work but then it just doesent.
We've even been into the windows 10 Allowed apps and guess what it see's the Envy and already has it ticked to accept.....then when asked to scan it says it can't see it.
HELP please

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Have you tried using the Scanner (All Apps Menu, Windows Accessories, Windows Fax and Scan) with the printer connected to the computer via USB.
I have a similar issue with a somewhat older HP OfficeJet 4500 G510n-z
Over wireless connection it doesn't see the device as a scanner, but......
Connect to a USB port on the computer it scans without issue.

Unfortunately all the HP Software (Toolbox, Solution Center, etc.,) that might help does not seem to want to install on my Windows 10 Computer, so......
I use it as a USB connected device and the rest of the computers in the house use it as a TCP/IP printer.

Reaction score
We have used the free windows 10 upgrade. Since this we can no longer use our HP Envy 5530 scanner.
Using wireless we can still print fine.
PC clearly see's the Envy 5530 but when asked to scan a window appears saying it cant see it.
We have ran all the HP diagnostics and uploaded the latest drivers.
Basically we keep being told that everything is ok and should work but then it just doesent.
We've even been into the windows 10 Allowed apps and guess what it see's the Envy and already has it ticked to accept.....then when asked to scan it says it can't see it.
HELP please

I had a similar problem with my Epson scanner. After a long call with Epson and two detailed set of instructions from Epson support, I discovered the fix myself. When I went to Device Manager, Imaging Devices, I saw 3 entries: my Epson 550 scanner, my Epson 820 all in one, and an Epson Standard Scanner Type I. I uninstalled the Epson Standard Scanner and rebooted the computer and everything worked. I now surmise that when Windows 10 said it couldn't communicate with the scanner, I wasn't talking about my Epson 550 that I wanted to use, but the Standards scanner that didn't exist.

Ask a Question