PDF Print wipe-out by MS

JWR

Reaction score
I got an irritating "how wonderful we are" email from MS. This was my reply to an address that is unmonitored. No one is listening.

There are millions of us out here who have some very simple common needs and requests NOT covered by your email to which i am replying.

1) STOP YOUR BLASTED too frequent UPDATES !!! 99% of the problems we have are readily traced to nuisance updates that none of us wanted in the first place. You apparently have way too many programmers assigned ill-organized priorities. You are abusing your role as the leading PC operating system provider in the world.

2) Latest example: Some Win 10 users (like my laptop) can no longer "print" PDF files from documents such as Word files, on-line obituaries, etc. A month or so ago it was trivial, easy, reliable and had been for years under at least Win7, Win 8 and Win 10. Then you dicked with it. I have all your offered updates already installed in BOTH my laptop (where PDF printing to files is dead) and to my desk PC (where PDF printing to files still works just fine or did yesterday.)

GOOD GRIEF PEOPLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Put you massive resources to good use, PLEASE.

Reaction score
? We aint nothing to do with Microsoft
FWIW. I haven't had those problems.

Reaction score
I only have the Print to PDF issue with the MSN News pages in Edge, neither choice of Print will open the Print dialog. Print to PDF has been working fine in Firefox and non-Google Chromium.

JWR

Reaction score
? We aint nothing to do with Microsoft
FWIW. I haven't had those problems.
Thousands HAVE had this problem according to internet comment/reports. None of the reports had an explanation of course AND we will never see one until 34 updates from now when it miraculously goes away... irresponsible. I was just hoping for feedback from fellow users who MIGHT know a solution.

JWR

Reaction score
I only have the Print to PDF issue with the MSN News pages in Edge, neither choice of Print will open the Print dialog. Print to PDF has been working fine in Firefox and non-Google Chromium.
Wow Bighorn! That is an interesting report. In your case at least, the "print to PDF failure" is selective as to what it refuses to print. Mine is not. Most of my data points have been multiple funeral home obituaries (3 of them, 1 in a different state) whetre my laptop refuses to print them and my desk PC does it just like always & both machines running Win 10 , both updated.

Reaction score
Looking back at my response and doing some Print to PDF of the MSN News pages this AM I have to say that opening the same page that won't print by copying the URL and pasting into Firefox does allow the print with the only issue being to scroll down to and clicking Read more to get the whole page first.

JWR

Reaction score
Looking back at my response and doing some Print to PDF of the MSN News pages this AM I have to say that opening the same page that won't print by copying the URL and pasting into Firefox does allow the print with the only issue being to scroll down to and clicking Read more to get the whole page first.
Thanks ! I'll try that. Even when we find workarounds it leaves the question of what on earth is wrong at MS.

Ask a Question