SOLVED People App has bad account

Reaction score
When I upgraded to Windows 10 I set up the People App to list my contacts by syncing with my Outlook account. It worked great until this week. Now it attempts to sync followed by a message in red under the account saying attention required. When I attempt to open that account to edit the setting I get a dialog box with error code 0x008072ee2 that says "something went wrong". The only option is to close that window after which the account tries to sync again as the process repeats itself.

How can I delete this account and start over. I have remove the people app and reinstalled it and I have re-registered all of the apps with no success.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
0x008072ee2
I can't find any reference to that error code anywhere.
Click the Start Button and just start typing......
Troubleshooting
It should appear at the top of the list so you can simply hit enter or click it
In the left column select the link that says "View All"
Try the "Windows Store Apps" troubleshooter and see if that finds anything wrong.
There is also a separate Appsdiagnostic10.diagcab which you might try from here
http://aka.ms/diag_apps10

Reaction score
I'm sorry. Normally I cut and paste alphanumerics such as this but that was not an option in the people app. I transposed a 0 and an 8 and then knowing there were 2 zeros together put the second one in the wrong place. the correct error number is 0x80071ee2.

As I looked though the other apps I realized that the mail app uses the same accounts. I don't use the mail app, but was able to access the account setting through that app. The server was set to east.outlook.com and I recalled reading somewhere that it was actually eas.outlook.com. I suppose I recalled that because it seems like a strange choice to me. Bottom line, when I tried that it fixed the people app (and immediately downloaded my email. What it didn't do was download my contacts, but at least I no longer have the error in the people app.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Mail, calendar and people apps are all tightly integrated.
It may take some time for everything to sync up but if your contacts are present in your online version, then they will show up at some point in the local app version "People"

Ask a Question