Photo Gallery Screensaver

Reaction score
I have always used my Photo Gallery Screensaver and it always worked perfectly until the last Windows 10 update. I can no longer stop the Photo Gallery Screensaver by moving my mouse. I have to go to Ctrl-Alt-Delete then click Cancel to end the Photo Gallery Screensaver. I like this screensaver and want to continue using it. How do I configure it or fix it to run the way it should.

Regedit32

Reaction score
If you are meaning the application bundled with Windows Live, you may need to run the Installer for Windows Live Essentials to remove it, then re-install it, to resolve the issue.

If it is another Third Party app, it may display under Start > Settings > Apps, where you may be able to click on it and select Reset.

Another possibility is that via Control Panel if you are viewing by Category, then beneath Programs you can click on Uninstall a program and some programs when selected in the window that opens will offer a Repair option, not just an uninstall option.

Sorry that is the best I can offer as I am not entirely sure what this screensaver application is.

Reaction score
If you are meaning the application bundled with Windows Live, you may need to run the Installer for Windows Live Essentials to remove it, then re-install it, to resolve the issue.

If it is another Third Party app, it may display under Start > Settings > Apps, where you may be able to click on it and select Reset.

Another possibility is that via Control Panel if you are viewing by Category, then beneath Programs you can click on Uninstall a program and some programs when selected in the window that opens will offer a Repair option, not just an uninstall option.

Sorry that is the best I can offer as I am not entirely sure what this screensaver application is.

That's not what they were talking about, if you go into the Screen Saver settings, one of the options is "Photo Gallery". Let me know if you come up with a fix.

Regedit32

Reaction score
That's not what they were talking about, if you go into the Screen Saver settings, one of the options is "Photo Gallery".

Thank you Kaoe for pointing that out.

On my system if I do as you state, I see an option for Photos, but no mention of Photo Gallery, which is why I mentioned what I did previously.

Your notice may encourage others who are familiar with this to provide the appropriate assistance with the opening thread; so thanks again for sharing.

Ask a Question