SOLVED Picture transfer

Reaction score
I am unable to transfer my pictures from my camera or direct from my memory card to windows 10 on my HP Pavilion Notebook. I have recently clicked on a major update to windows 10 which did not seem to go straight forward. I don't know whether it is related, but it is since then that I have had the problem. The computer recognises the sd card but only 2 folders appear dating back to 2008

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Does the SD card work properly in the camera....as far as all the files showing? Have you tried using the SD card on a different PC?

Reaction score
Does the SD card work properly in the camera....as far as all the files showing? Have you tried using the SD card on a different PC?
Hi bassfisher6522. Yes, all my picture files show up on my camera. Yes, I have tried the SD card in a different computer and all files appear,

Reaction score
Hi bassfisher6522. Yes, all my files show up on my camera. Yes, I have tried the SD card in a different Computer and all files appear

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
I would try a reset keeping all your files/personal data. Sounds like as you explained that something went awry with the update itself. Doing a reset should fix that.

What's the exact make/model of your HP laptop?

Reaction score
Hi bassfisher. I have carried out system restore to a date prior to my windows 10 major update but it has made no difference.
I clicked on the link that you posted to me and ran HP Support Assistant but still no success, however I have left feedback with them and hopefully they will be able to come up with something.
I would welcome any further suggestions you may have, but if not I appreciate the help you have given me so far.
Regards Danny

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
I clicked on the link that you posted to me and ran HP Support Assistant
From the link I posted....there is no HP support Assistant....just drivers. This is so you can check what driver you have installed versus what the latest versions are released.

A restore is not the same as a reset. A restore is as you mentioned to a date prior to an incident. A system reset reinstalls the OS with two options; keeping all your data files or wiping the drive clean with a new fresh install of windows.

You could also try a inplace repair install with the ISO using MS MCT tool.
http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/4-ways-reset-windows-10-reinstall-scratch/

Reaction score
Hi bassfisher6522. Yes, there was a list of drivers but I didn't know how to check which ones were needed, but underneath was a box which said "Not sure which drivers to choose? Try HP Support assistant" On completion of the scan there were no drivers they recommended installing.

Whilst I was viewing your reply on this site, a message box appeared in the corner of my screen which said
"We've got an update for you.
Windows is a service, and updates are a normal part of keeping it running smoothly" I clicked on the update.
That was yesterday. When i tried inserting my memory card this morning, all my pictures where there.

Thank you very much for your continued help.
Danny K

Ask a Question