SOLVED Pin login

Reaction score
Still unable to login using pin, been like this for last few builds I was hoping it would have been sorted by now. Build 10240

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Are you perchance running this build within a Hyper-V VM?
I've noticed that I am not offered the opportunity to use either a PIN or a Picture Password in my VM.
I don't know if mine is a unique problem but that has been my experience.
No such problem exists on the install I have running on a didicated machine.

Reaction score
No running a dual boot setup, it is very strange if I attempt to change the pin l get a message in red "this service is unavailable at the moment try again later" the option to select it from the login screen is not there either.

Reaction score
Got it sorted
Go to Settings -> Account -> Sign-In Options, make sure connected to Internet
Push "I forgot Pin" -> sign-in as requested, when requested to create new PIN, PRESS CANCEL - important.
Then open File Explorer Navigate to: C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC
must be logged in as an Administrator - Delete everything within that folder
Go to Settings-> Accounts->Sign-in Options
Click Add a PIN again and set your PIN
Next time I logged on it just asked for my pin.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Glad to hear that you've managed to resolve your problem. Thanks for posting back and updating your thread with your solution.

Reaction score
Got it sorted
Push "I forgot Pin" -> sign-in as requested, when requested to create new PIN, PRESS CANCEL - important.
Then open File Explorer Navigate to: C:\Windows\ServiceProfile s\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC

I'm not able to try this because the Sign-In Options are missing from the Account section under Settings.... any ideas about how to get that back??

No Sign-In Options Available.png

Reaction score
I'm not able to try this because the Sign-In Options are missing from the Account section under Settings.... any ideas about how to get that back??

View attachment 1118
That is very strange I really don't know, still lots of bugs with this but have not experienced this one. Have you tried typing sign in options in cortana?

Reaction score
Yeah, it just takes me to the Sign-In Options in settings... no help because they don't show up there...it's just blank. Thanks for the reply tho.

Reaction score
Got it sorted
Then open File Explorer Navigate to: C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC

I haven't got a folder called 'app data' in C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService. Screenshot 2015-10-14 11.40.39.png

Reaction score
Got it sorted

Sorry for necroposting, but after 2 years your answer is still usefull, and I actually signed up only to say: thanks a lot!

Ask a Question