PIN not available"

Reaction score
Here is my problem "by the numbers".
1. IOLO's System Mechanic is started when Windows starts.
2. System Mechanic opens a large popup to update the program.
3. The update box was non-responsive to any entry.
4. System Mechanic was non-responsive to any entry.
5. System Mechanic did not appear in either the Control
Panel, or the Task Manager.
6. System Mechanic.exe could not be deleted as it was
open.
7. I started "msconfig" and selected "Diagnostic startup"
in order to delete System Mechanic.exe before it could
start.
8. On rebooting Windows started up to the wallpaper screen
where signin is needed. Instead of the box in which
the PIN is to be entered, the following appeared:
"Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click
to set up your PIN again".
9. After one or more repititions of the "Click" I was offered
two options (1) an icon of a numeric keypad or (2) an icon
of what I think is a fingerprint scanner. (1) is the
problem, and (2) is not on the computer.
10. Now what?

Reaction score
Hi,

try advanced options and see if you can access your system from there and delete the app:

Read from "If you can't boot Windows 10 ". :)

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Quick question....
On the left side of the screen where you would normally enter your PIN do you see

Capture.PNG

From left to right Picture Password, Text Box for typing in your actual password, and then the icon for a number keypad (which I believe you mentioned above).
You won't likely have the option for a click style Picture Password unless you've configured one in advance.
Just wondering if clicking the "Sign-in options" offers anything additional

Reaction score
Quick question....
On the left side of the screen where you would normally enter your PIN do you see

View attachment 11550

From left to right Picture Password, Text Box for typing in your actual password, and then the icon for a number keypad (which I believe you mentioned above).
You won't likely have the option for a click style Picture Password unless you've configured one in advance.
Just wondering if clicking the "Sign-in options" offers anything additional

Reaction score
Thanks for the interpretation of the icons. I don't have a password for the computer, and it said to enter my Microsoft password. I had to leave and get on my laptop for the password, and when I returned
Hi,

try advanced options and see if you can access your system from there and delete the app:

Hi,

the option was gone. I tried it anyway, several times, but it said the password was incorrect.

Reaction score
Thanks for the information, Wolfie. I'm still trying to get the Advanced Startup link. I have a recovery disk make from EaseUS Partition Manager, but all it gives me is the Partition Manager page. I may have to order a larger thumb drive from Amazon before I can make the disk your link was for.

Reaction score
Hi,

how was Win 10 installed on your computer in the first place?, you will need an 8GB USB stick (or 4.7GB DVD) to make a copy of Win 10.

The other option if you don't have a lot of data that you need on the computer is to simply do a reset!. A word of caution though, you may lose all your data and certainly any installed apps you have by doing so!.

Reaction score
Hi,

how was Win 10 installed on your computer in the first place?, you will need an 8GB USB stick (or 4.7GB DVD) to make a copy of Win 10.

The other option if you don't have a lot of data that you need on the computer is to simply do a reset!. A word of caution though, you may lose all your data and certainly any installed apps you have by doing so!.

I finally received a 16 G thumb drive and copied Windows 10 installation to it. Troubleshooter was unable to repair, so it appears I'll have to bite the bullet and do a clean install. Thanks for your help, Wolfie

Ask a Question