Pin set up on start up

Michael Bell

Mickey B
Reaction score
I get this now since the last up date to create a pin. I do not want to create a pin and have not done so. How do I disable this so I do not have too. Seems a simple thing but can not find a clear cut way of going this.

Reaction score
Press the Windows and "S" keys simultaneously, type "defender" into the search box and press "Enter". When Windows Defender starts, see of the "Account Protection" box says "Set up Windows Hello for faster, more secure sign-in". If so, dismiss it.

Ben

Reaction score
I had one system that kept nagging for me to set up a pin. I finally gave in and set one up, but just use the password each time I log in. (I wanted to always use the password login on one system so I wouldn't forget what it was).

Reaction score
Another thing to watch for on the Log in screen is a choice below the User name of either Password or PIN. Usually the one chosen will appear at the next log-in.

Ask a Question