SOLVED Pin the Documents Folder into the Taskbar

Reaction score
How do I pin the DOCUMENTS Folder to the Taskbar. It is on the Desktop and also the Start menu but there isn't an option to "Pin to Taskbar"?

Reaction score
Only way I know of is creating a shortcut and drag and drop that one in the taskbar....

Reaction score
When I tried to drag and drop the Documents Shortcut I got a RED circle with a slanted line when I dragged it to the Taskbar. I also tried to drag the Documents Shortcut from the START menu; same result.

Reaction score
Open Windows Explorer. then right click on "documents"
2017-03-25_084000.jpg

send to Desktop (as a shortcut).

Drag and drop this shortcut in the taskbar. If you used a shortcut from a folder, it will not work, I tried.

Reaction score
Try this:
´Right click the "Documents folder and drag it to the desktop, to make a shortcut.
Right click the shortcut and Pin to start
open the start menu and there you will see your shortcut. Right click again and then "more""
Pin to taskbar

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
AND.... IF none of the above work for you, give this a try
Right click a blank area of your desktop and choose New -> Shortcut
In the first window "Type the location of the item:" type
C:\Windows\explorer.exe "C:\Users\YourUserName\Documents" include quotes around path.
In the next window give it a name, I called mine Docs
You should be able to drag that where ever you want including the taskbar.

Not sure why none of the above methods worked for me either, as typically they do, but not for "Documents"
Afterwards you can delete the shortcut from your desktop if you don't want it there also. It should remain functional on your taskbar.

Reaction score
Well you guys solved my problem again - The instructions that worked for me was from TROUBLE (Thank you very much) the instructions from davehc and Grizzly did not work for me. I knew I could count on this site to (again) solve my problem .

Ask a Question