SOLVED Playback error 08004027d on attempt to play dvd windows DVD player

Reaction score
I have a free version of W10 HOME Ver: 1903 - 64bit OS & Processor - AMD A8-5500APU with Radeon HDGraphics- self updated yesterday -
DVD Tom & Jerry Wizard of oz - for Rental or resale- Turner Entertainment Co.

I wish to check the contents before giving it to a vulnerable person. There is a mild threat warning on the "U and G" rating. on the terms and conditions.

I presume there is a media DVD player embedded in W.10 home. any Ideas how can I play this on my PC and then my sons's laptop.

Regedit32

Reaction score
When you click Start, scroll down the list of apps to the W section, and expand the Windows Accessories folder, then scroll list and select Windows Media Player.

If for some reason this built-in player cannot run your DVD, then you could try a popular third party player called VLC, which you can download from their official site here:

Regards,

Regedit32

Reaction score
Windows Media player also lacks some of the necessary codecs to play DVD's because MS don't want a lawsuit thrown at them for some reason. You can download a codecs pack from the net or do as Regedit32 suggests and use VLC which plays everything under the sun. :)

Reaction score
To paraphrase an old song "what a difference a name makes" check this out:

Reaction score
Hi Regidet32, Wolfie, Bighorn, Thank you all for responding. I got to the Windows Media Player and got to the same playback error.
Then I had a look at how to install Windows Media Centre and expect I have signed up again for that font of info"How to Geek".
Back to Wolfie comments about about VLC and Regited32 -
I managed to download the VLC program and managed to watch about half of the video before it stopped This I presume must be a disk fault. Thank you for your help in solving my problem, at least I am half way there.

Regedit32

Reaction score
Was there any error message when your DVD stopped half way?

I can't think why that would even occur unless the DVD is damaged. Perhaps return it to the place of purchase and ask for a new copy.

Reaction score
Was there any error message when your DVD stopped half way?

I can't think why that would even occur unless the DVD is damaged. Perhaps return it to the place of purchase and ask for a new copy.
There was no error code. The well used disk was a gift. I will try it in another payer. meanwhile I Have VLC installed Thank you everbody.

Reaction score
Further to my earlier comment, I repeated the DVD play and it stopped again about the same place so I washed it with washing up liquid. After that It played OK. Tre were scenes in it that involved the Scarecrow being set alight . This for the person it was intended for would be too much of a risk if setting a fire was copied.

Ask a Question