SOLVED Playing dvd's and cd's

Reaction score
I recently made dvd and cd disc of pictures and music on my window 10. I am able to play them on my window 10 using VLC media player. I tried playing the cd on another cd player that I have and it would not play. I am afraid that this will also happen with my dvd's.

I want to give dvds and cds as gifts to people. Any ideas as to what I can do so that these cds and dvds can be played not using window 10 or VLC.

Any suggestion is appreciated. Thank you.:confused:

Reaction score
Did you finalize the dvd's/cd's when you burned them? If not they won't play in a cd/dvd player.

Reaction score
My experience is that sometimes using the RW discs won't work properly in other machines/drives even when finalized. I nearly always use only the R discs.

Reaction score
If you take a look at your DVD burner, it will tell you which type of disk it can work with, this also apples to other computers and DVD players, as remarked above, some players won't support DVD+R but will support/play DVD-R, check each device or computer player for supported formats. It should tell you in the device handbook!. :)

Reaction score
Thank you all for your suggestions. They say we have to learn something new every day and I have from all of your suggestions.:)

Ask a Question