Please help me get back desktop screen

Reaction score
My desktop was replaced today by the start menu. I've spent HOURS trying to fix this, now I'm just in tears.
The "Use Start full screen" is on 'off' and my laptop is not set on tablet mode. If I right click on the taskbar there is no 'show desktop' option.

So aside from the above 3 answers that did not solve my problem, does anyone have any suggestions?
Thank You!

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
So aside from the above 3 answers that did not solve my problem, does anyone have any suggestions?
Those would be my top three suggestions as well.
The only other thing I might try if nothing else seems to be working, is......
Try a System Restore to a Restore Point prior to the date of the problem.
I would probably in advance of proceeding backup all my critical data as well as create an image of my hard drive.
https://www.windows10forums.com/threads/please-for-your-own-peace-of-mind.794/

Reaction score
You state "my laptop is not set on tablet mode"
In the "Settings" - "System" - "Tablet Mode", do you have it set to "Use Desktop mode", rather than "Use mode appropriate to my hardware"
Also, under the next lower option, "When this device automatically ...etc, make sure it is set as
"Don't ask me and don't switch"
Another suggestion.
Mouse over to the extreme right of the taskbar. There is a very small extra line there. Right click it and make sure it is optioned to show the desktop

Capture.PNG

Ask a Question