Please help!

Reaction score
The Windows 10 update was running on my laptop last night & today I just have a black screen with a curser when I log in. I tried ctrl-alt-delete & clicked on the task manager but the blue circle spins, stops & then nothing! I'm in school & really need my laptop, please help! Somebody!

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Try a hard reset.
Remove the power adapter from the AC (wall outlet), flip it over and remove the battery, flip it back over open it up and press and hold the power button and count to 30.
Close it, flip it over and replace the battery, plug it back into the AC adapter and wall outlet, power it up and see if that makes any difference.
Make sure you don't have any peripherals attached. No USB dongles, printers etc., etc.

Reaction score
I am using a Lenovo Yoga 710 with Windows 10. I have a black screen with a cursor showing. The cont-alt-delete action does not work ( the task manager never shows). So I am dead in the water right now. I have no items plugged in and have done clean restart. By the way this computer only has about 20 hours of use so this crazy frustrating.

Reaction score
20 hours of use, you must be still in warranty, and Lenovo would support your windows and hardware. Have you tried there tech support?
From a command prompt in Administrator mode try these tools one at a time
SFC /scannow
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
chkdsk /r

Ask a Question