Please windows 10 fix punkbuster on your OS..

Reaction score
Ok I can get punkbuster working but whenever Irestart my pc windows 10 messes up punkbuster.. Not sure who needs to fix this issue but assuming its Microsoft.. Whenever I restart my pc its like windows 10 deletes something that has to do with PnkBstrB: it kicks me from games that use punkbuster and i think PnkBstrA is ok but for some reason I dont see PnkBstrB.. It gives a communication error.. Something like that.. Never had the issue with windows 8.1. I just built this rig not to long ago and bought windows 10 pro because I thought I wouldnt have any issues but thats wrong.. It needs alot of fixing when it comes to softwares and punkbuster.. Please fix this issue on you OS..

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums :). We're not affiliated to Microsoft in any way, so we can't fix coding problems - but we can offer advice (and perhaps MS read this site!).

Have you tried patching Punkbuster to the latest version? I know there was a problem with PB kicking users with Windows 10 many months ago, but I thought this was fixed. You can manually install and update it here: http://www.evenbalance.com/downloads.php

Reaction score
Punkbuster is outdated and useless. Just remove it and you will be fine.

Reaction score
Ok I can get punkbuster working but whenever Irestart my pc windows 10 messes up punkbuster.. Not sure who needs to fix this issue but assuming its Microsoft.. Whenever I restart my pc its like windows 10 deletes something that has to do with PnkBstrB: it kicks me from games that use punkbuster and i think PnkBstrA is ok but for some reason I dont see PnkBstrB.. It gives a communication error.. Something like that.. Never had the issue with windows 8.1. I just built this rig not to long ago and bought windows 10 pro because I thought I wouldnt have any issues but thats wrong.. It needs alot of fixing when it comes to softwares and punkbuster.. Please fix this issue on you OS..
That's not on Microsofts end. I have had no issues with punkbuster whatsoever. I have several games using it (Bttlefield BC2, BF3, BF4, older versions of Call of Duty). First try pbsetup. If that doesn't work run pbsvc.

http://evenbalance.com/downloads.php

Reaction score
I can play COD 5 online without PB. It is not needed anymore.
The last 3 call of duty titles use their own anti cheat (as I mentioned above). The older ones, through black ops 2 I believe, still use punkbuster.

Battlefield, America's Army, Assasin's Creed, Far Cry, Ghost Recon, and many others still use it.

Reaction score
I tried to download PB and it wants me to pick a Game. All of my games are in C:\program Files(x86)\Steam so it is kind of hard to do that. When I try to install PB from steam it fails. If you are trying to play a game that requires PB, it is probably way too old for Windows 10.

Reaction score
The last 3 call of duty titles use their own anti cheat (as I mentioned above). The older ones, through black ops 2 I believe, still use punkbuster.

Battlefield, America's Army, Assasin's Creed, Far Cry, Ghost Recon, and many others still use it.

I do not play any of those games but every COD BO's game works without it COD 2 may need it.

Reaction score
Black Ops does not work without it. Black Ops 2 may though. COD 2 didn't come with any anti cheat, but now requires pb. COD 4, MW2 and World at War also require it.

Although pb doesn't officially support COD titles anymore, there are workarounds.

Reaction score
Black Ops does not work without it. Black Ops 2 may though. COD 2 didn't come with any anti cheat, but now requires pb. COD 4, MW2 and World at War also require it.

Although pb doesn't officially support COD titles anymore, there are workarounds.
I can play COD 5 MP without PB. Windows 10 will not permit me to install it. IMHO, any game that requires PB will have very few if any servers to use.

Reaction score
The problem is that Evenbalance quit supporting most games with their Punkbuster program. You can still manually update it or install it (as of now) from the Evenbalance website. Go to the Downloads page and download the Punkbuster service installer and run it. This will get Punkbuster running but will not update your specific game/server files.

You will have to get the Punkbuster files that are the same version as the server you want to play on from the internet, the server clan, or another person with that game and place them in the \pb directory of that game. Some Steam games do this automatically.

Punkbuster is still used on a lot of servers out there to manage cheaters, kick and block problem children, block duplicate key software thieves, and manager other aspects of the server.

Ask a Question