SOLVED "Plugged in but not charging" error

Reaction score
Hello, I just reset my windows 10 computer a while ago, and sense then, my battery icon says that it is "plugged in but not charging" I have tried a few fixes that I found from a google search, but they failed to help. Then, about a week ago, my computer stopped registering that a battery was even connected. If anyone has any solution, I would be happy to try it. Thanks!

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
It's possible that your laptop may need some third party, proprietary software to manage the onboard battery.
Check your manufacturer's website for your specific model name and model number and see if they have anything available for you to download that might help.

Reaction score
Start by checking your battery condition with Battery Info Portable.
http://www.nirsoft.net. My next best guess is the connector on the cord that plugs into the laptop. If it's a round connector, I've read where some have squeezed the connector slightly with a pair of pliers and got it to work. Can you test the charger with a meter? You could also run the Hardware trouble shooter. I don't know exactly what it checks, but nothing to lose.

Reaction score
Windows 10 and battery issues. had several clients do the same... might fix yours no guarantee
1. shutdown. DEAD shutdown.
2. remove battery
3. unplug power cord
4. press and hold power button for no less than 60s. (yes takes forever).
5. Insert Battery and
6. start Laptop, check battery indicator....
I usually run for about 3 min. then plug in Adapter...

Reaction score
I also forgot to mention that when I switched the battery with another computer, that computer did this too, even after I put its old battery back in.

Also, my battery is at 0%

I'll look into the manufacturer though.

Reaction score
My Lenovo displays that message when the battery is at over 75% charge and I plug in the charger. A bit later ,for instance after a new Insider build downloaded and installed the battery is miraculously at 100%.

Ask a Question