Pop-up mania

Reaction score
Beginning a couple of days ago, I suddenly began having pop-up videos show up on my personal banking web site as well as on other websites I frequent. I've attempted to set my "Chrome" browser to prevent these pop-ups to little or no avail.

Is it worth investing in "pop-up blocker" software?

Reaction score
First I would run Malwarebytes and Windows Defender Offline scan.

Thank you for your reply and for your suggestions. I will take those measures ASAP and report back.

Reporting back as indicated above: After installing Malwarebytes (program) and running a subsequent scan of my PC, 153 threats were detected and 153 threats were quarantined. Windows10 Defender found "0" threats.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thank you for your reply and for your suggestions. I will take those measures ASAP and report back.

Reporting back as indicated above: After installing Malwarebytes (program) and running a subsequent scan of my PC, 153 threats were detected and 153 threats were quarantined. Windows10 Defender found "0" threats.
Did you run Windows Defender AFTER Malwarebytes?? If so, Malwarebytes has already taken care of everything and WD just confirms there is nothing more.

Ask a Question