Port forwarding help

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
That is usually accomplished from within your router's interface and involves a port number associated with a particular protocol and an IP address generally.
You might need to consult your router documentation or the router manufacturer's support site for details as to how to accomplish that task.

Reaction score
That is usually accomplished from within your router's interface and involves a port number associated with a particular protocol and an IP address generally.
You might need to consult your router documentation or the router manufacturer's support site for details as to how to accomplish that task.
ISP teached me how to do it but still not succeeded. My router is Arris TG862S/CE, IP was static 192.168.0.1 but disables connection when i make it static, the port i want to forward
is 52499 and is Bittorrent torrent downloading application port.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Sorry, I can't help further.
I also have an Arris device provided by Comcast / Xfinity.
I just put that in Bridge mode and handle all my routing tasks on my TP-Link router.

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Marios,

Step 1
  • Right-click on Start and select Run
  • In the run dialog type cmd.exe then click OK
  • The Command Prompt will now open. If it does not open full screen, then maximize window now.
  • In the Command Prompt that opens type the following command:
Code:
ipconfig /all

Press Enter key to execute​
  • This will display all your IP Configurations currently set. Note the following:
    • IPv4 Address
    • Subnet Mask
    • Default Gateway
    • DNS Servers
Sample image

img1.png

Note: If your DNS Servers IP Address is the same as your Default Gateway IP Address, then you will need to login to your Router to get the actual DNS IP Address.

To login to your Arris TG862S/CE router, open your browser, and in the address bar enter 10.0.0.1 then press your Enter key. (If for some reason that does not work, try entering your Default Gateway IP Address instead).

Assuming you have not changed settings enter admin for the Username field, and password for the Password field then click Login button

Now locate your DNS Servers. If you cannot find then you may need to telephone your ISP.
  • Next, right-click on Start and select Settings > Network & Internet
  • This will open your Settings window to Network Status.
  • Beneath Change your network settings click on Change adapter options
Sample image

img2.png
  • After clicking Change adapter options you will see the following window:
img3.png

You can see in my case I have two Network Connections, but one has a red X. That means the other one, in this case Ethernet is how I connect to the Internet.​
    • Right-click on the Network Connection you use to connect to the Internet & select Properties
    • In the Properties window that opens left-click once on Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) so that it is now highlighted then click the properties button

Sample image
img4.png

After clicking the Properties button you are taken to this window:

img5.png

Note: What you see in this window will vary for each User, however if you see the radio dot next to Obtain an IP address automatically then you need to setup a Static IP Address
  • To setup a Static IP Address, check the radio dot next to Use the following IP Address
  • This is where you need to refer to the noted IP Addresses you gathered earlier via Command Prompt!
  • In the IP Address field you enter your new IP Address.
This needs to be similar to, but not the same as the IPv4 Address you noted earlier. Increase the last digit by one. So for example, in my case my IPv4 Address was displayed as 192.168.1.65 (Preferred), so I will enter the following into the IP Address field for my new Static IP Address: 192.168.1.66
  • The Subnet mask and Default Gateway fields need to by filled in too. The IP Address you put in these two fields needs to be the same as the addresses you noted earlier in the Command Prompt.
Thus in my case, I'd enter 255.255.255.0 in the Subnet mask field, and 192.168.1.254 in the Default Gateway field.
  • Now enter the same details you gathered earlier into the Preferred and Alternate DNS server fields.
In my case, my DNS Servers were displaying the IP Address of my Default Gateway. Thus I had to log into my router to get the DNS addresses I needed.

Sample image

img6.png

So in my case I will enter 122.56.237.1 for my Primary DNS Server field, and 210.55.111.1 for my Alternate DNS Server field​
  • Check the box next to Validate settings upon exit
Sample image of final results:

img7.png
  • Finally, click OK

Step 2

You are now ready to setup Port Forwarding in your Router
  • Open a browser
  • In the address bar type 10.0.0.1 then press Enter key
  • For Username field enter admin
  • For Password field enter password
  • Click the Login button
  • In left pane click Advanced
  • Next click the hyperlinked text: Port Forwarding
  • Now in the center of windows, click the Add Service

At this point I cannot offer further direct instruction as I do not know what it is your intend on Port Forwarding to.

You can obtain the final steps of instruction by reading from Step 4 onwards in the following website:

https://portforward.com/arris/tg862/

Just scroll down about half way to locate Step 4 where you click the two drop arrows to answer the questions there, and then following the instructions from there onwards to create your Port Forward.

Regards,

Regedit32

Ask a Question