Powershell didn't help! Now getting other errors

Reaction score
Let me preference this with letting you all know that I am not a computer wiz by any means - but I can usually make my way through.

Since updating I've had an issue with the start menu. I did the power shell process and it worked at first but no nothing. On top of that when I click on the calculator or edge icons in the toolbar I get the image below.

upload_2015-8-3_9-24-13.png

I rebooted my laptop and the task-bar flashed on and off for 2-3 minutes then stopped.

Not sure what to do - I'm so frustrated. When will learn to leave well enough alone. 8.1 worked fine for me :(

Reaction score
Since updating I've had an issue with the start menu. I did the power shell process and it worked at first but no nothing.

Were you using a method similar to this ?.........................
  1. Right click Start button
  2. Choose Command Prompt (Admin)
  3. Type Powershell at the flashing prompt
  4. Copy and paste the following command ......
    Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
  5. Press Enter
  6. Wait for PowerShell to execute and complete the command. Ignore the few errors (in red color) that may pop up.

Reaction score
I assume you cannot open Start Menu. Yes ?

What if you click at the Notification icon which is next to the Time at bottom right ?
Does it open ?

Reaction score
I did that exact method.

I can not open the start menu. Right clicking doesn't do anything either.

The notification icon next to time does not open either. I get a hover message that says "new notifications (off)" I can right click to see Open Action Center and Turn on Quiet Hours but nothing happens when I click on either

Ask a Question