Precision X OC

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Anybody on here use the EVGA Precision X OC software with their EVGA GPU. If so are you having any issues with it starting up from a cold start or restart? Sometimes mine does and other times it doesn't. I've tried the latest version 6.2.3 and went back to 6.2.2 and it still doing it. Even when ticking the boxes to do so in the settings area. It's driving me insane because if it doesn't start the fans on the GPU never fire up and temps get up to 50°C. Which is not bad but still, I don't like it.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Is it running a custom fan curve or default settings?
It's on custom. That's the default....I've not messed with it. In the fan tab, at the bottom there is a drop down for "select preset". There's only 3 options to chose from.....custom/aggressive/quite. It's default is the custom setting.

I'm in it "right now" and changing it does nothing. I mean I select aggressive and click OK and it goes back to custom. I don't get it.

Reaction score
For what it's worth I downloaded and tried that version and it seemed to work ok for me. I set up an aggressive fan curve and then the default and they worked after reboot. I'd post the question on their forum if you could.
I only have one Win10 desktop and the GPU is an older 7 series card. I don't OC much and only need fan and temp monitoring and that's why I still use version 4.2x on Windows rigs.
https://forums.evga.com/EVGA-Software-f22.aspx
Sorry couldn't help more.

Reaction score
I never had an issue with it and custom fan curves before. But I've switched to msi afterburner.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
For what it's worth I downloaded and tried that version and it seemed to work ok for me. I set up an aggressive fan curve and then the default and they worked after reboot. I'd post the question on their forum if you could.
I only have one Win10 desktop and the GPU is an older 7 series card. I don't OC much and only need fan and temp monitoring and that's why I still use version 4.2x on Windows rigs.
https://forums.evga.com/EVGA-Software-f22.aspx
Sorry couldn't help more.
Thanks anyway. In the forums, I'm not the only one experiencing this problem. It's seems to be wide spread (globally).....and we are all just as dumbfounded. No real reason as to what causes this and there seems to be no real fix. The suggested fixes are a hit and miss for users.....it works for some and not others.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
But I've switched to msi afterburner.
How easy is it to use?

I'm only using OC X just to fire up my fans. If you have a EVGA GPU and "DON'T" install this software the GPU fans never run at all. I'm not OC'ing my GPU at all.

Reaction score
You do not say what card you have, but my system has 3 LEDs which will turn from Blue to Green while playing a game. I assume, but not certain, this relates to fan speeds.

You do set it to start with Windows with the Curve settings General settings which show Start minimized and Start with OS? There are other settings such as Enable Automatic Fan Control but I haven't tried them. The system has a default profile so I don't really need an overclocking setting for my GTX 1080 Ti..

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
I'm using a EVGA GTX 1060 3 GB SSC. Like I stated, I'm not OC'ing but I have to use it to get fan control otherwise my fans don't spin up at all. With my GPU and X OC software, there is no default setting or one that I can see/find.
No matter what I have the settings set to.....preferably fans enabled.

The issue remains....sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.....at start up.

Reaction score
My system sits at idle around 45° C. When the green lights are on and the fans are running, it is aroung 66° C.

You can test the fans by the process in the attachment and see if they respond. On my screen, if I have the OCX window near the right side, the profile windows open off screen.

Fan Speed.JPG

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
yeah yeah...I have all that checked and clicked OK. Right now I'm on day 3 with it working properly....Knock on wood. So maybe it'll stick this time....

Wow...you have 3 fan sliders...I only have one fan slider but It's a dual fan. Here's mine....at idle.
GPU.PNG

Reaction score
The 1080 Ti has three sections and the fan for that section can run independently. One section is Memory, one Processor and I can't remember the third one. I can watch the card and see which sections are running fans.

It seems to be preforming well with the VR stuff and I have not seen the lights every go above green.

Reaction score
Why....what do you have?
Sapphire HD7950 3gb dual x. Still does ok, but getting long in the tooth, if you know what I mean. I've also had to replace the fans on them once, and now the new ones are starting to grind. A 1060 is about the best I can run with my old fx6300, without the cpu being too much of a bottleneck.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Sapphire HD7950 3gb dual x. Still does ok, but getting long in the tooth, if you know what I mean.
Yep....but that card/series 79xx were top end back in the day and still kicks ass. Fully understand the want/need for a new one. Heck, back then there were no aftermarket replacement fans for GPU's. Now you can get one to fit just about any GPU for around $60. This one was referenced in a forum some where I was on recently.
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835186068

Ask a Question