SOLVED Preview Build 17763

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Today to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring.
https://blogs.windows.com/windowsex...ncing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-17763/
BUT
Something is going on with Task Manager, which to me would seem a non-starter.

ON the "good news front"....
UPDATE 9/18: We have released Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17758.1004 (Cumulative Update KB4462120) to Windows Insiders in the Slow ring. This includes all the fixes from Build 17760 and is designed to help us test our servicing pipeline. We have also released the ISOs for Build 17758 which can be downloaded here.

SOURCE: https://blogs.windows.com/windowsex...ncing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-17758/

Capture.PNG

Last edited:
Reaction score
The poster with the most accurate info on the Microsoft site seems to believe this build will be accepted as the RTM on the 25th... I suppose the game is starting again ... this time I will just be a bystander ...

Reaction score
Looks like it that everybody is downloading the newest Insider ISO. downloads trickle at only 300-400kbps. On my main pc I am gonna wait my turn and will not install the new feature update right away (that's what I have my test machine for ;):D)

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
The poster with the most accurate info on the Microsoft site seems to believe this build will be accepted as the RTM on the 25th... I suppose the game is starting again ... this time I will just be a bystander ...
I think that I will also. I was just reviewing a thread we had that occurred about the same time and stage during the previous chaos surrounding the previous RTM https://www.windows10forums.com/threads/build-17133-is-available-rtm.16514/

I'll wait and see when they actually call it and then get the ISO from whatever source they make available.
By my calculations they still have eleven (11) days left to stay with the "1809" (September 2018) version identifier.
As I recall, last time, the actual public release slipped all the way to the last day of April

Reaction score
The flush of new builds seems to have dried up also. Another indication that it is the final release.. I could have a go with you guys and install, but little purpose at this stage.
Might as well wait for the official update.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I really never believed that they would let a build with a fundamental flaw like this one has with Task Manager, stand as an actual release.

Having said that, you never really know. I think sometimes they break stuff just to test their ability to release / publish a patch.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Darn, I hear another on the way:
windows 10 build 17764.1
Not seeing any reference to this 17764. Maybe tomorrow will tell but in looking at buildfeed.net I don't see it as a canary build and the only reference is to 17763, so.....
This might actually be the one.

Reaction score
As I recall, last time, the actual public release slipped all the way to the last day of April
The RTM signoff for 17763 on the 25th rumor is gaining steam. You must remember the April build was delayed and they changed the final build, after I got involved with the Insider program. Since I am not participating, that situation will not repeat. ;);):D

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I can accept that, except that there is a glaring problem with this build, in fact two problems, both involving Task Manager, and.....
They know it. While I know they can sign off and then subsequently issue a cumulative update to patch the two known errors, it just seems like a dumb way of doing things since they've been flighting builds to the tune of two and sometimes three a week for a while now.
I don't understand why they wouldn't just issue a new build with those two errors fixed and then sign off on that.

Perhaps, now that they've release it to the slow ring, they'll send a cumulative update soon to patch the issues.
I know that testing such things is in their protocols.
I just hope that when they drop the ISO it doesn't require an immediate update to fix something that they know is pre-existing.

Reaction score
I just hope that when they drop the ISO it doesn't require an immediate update to fix something that they know is pre-existing.

This has been the modus operandi of Microsoft since the original release of Win 10, I would not really expect this to change. But if there are known problems, perhaps they have already fixed it. I suppose since you have the possible RTM build, you would already know.

Reaction score
Well, someone posted a link to a Neowin page which suggest the public build release may be as early as Oct 2nd.. It seems Microsoft has some event scheduled for that day and suspect they may announce or release that day.

There were rumors the RTM would be accepted on the 25th of Sept., but I have not seen any confirmation.

Reaction score
Well, someone posted a link to a Neowin page which suggest the public build release may be as early as Oct 2nd.. It seems Microsoft has some event scheduled for that day and suspect they may announce or release that day.

There were rumors the RTM would be accepted on the 25th of Sept., but I have not seen any confirmation.
Only Rumours. For a while now, possibly due to international comments, it has been called the October update, rather than the Fall. Only the US use that term, round the world (I think?).
Oct 2 seems to fit. Their built in games have, in many instances, a completion date at the ene of every month. Not very important perhaps, but it adds to the Oct 2nd date as a possible. - It's also a Tuesday, of course.We know what that means.
I will have to go along with it, of course, but, referring to Saltgrass's comments, and many others, I do not see anything their that relies excites me to move on.

Ask a Question