Preview Build 19030

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
NOVEMBER 22, 2019 10:03 AM today we’re releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 19030 (20H1) to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring.
SOURCE: https://blogs.windows.com/windowsex...ider-preview-build-19030/#xXVRUI9gWMrWQSC0.97

Capture.PNG

Last edited:
Reaction score
Has installed after hours of downloading and installing. No Watermark and no expiration date. Felt like a fresh install rather than an upgrade (some of my hardware had to be reinstalled and my wallpaper was changed to a solid black. I also was not able to create an ISO (via UUPtoISO) cause there was some kind of "blob" missing, whatever that is (I am guessing a certain Data package).

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
No Watermark and no expiration date.
Interesting. I didn't even notice that detail.
Not sure if it holds any particular significance or not but I'll be watching to see if it returns in subsequent updates.

Reaction score
Both of mine had the watermark missing but I put it back. I get a hint of a thought in my mind that it may be closer to an RTM release version.

Reaction score
It's downloading now on one of my IP Fast Ring computers but had to go to Settings and Check for updates, hasn't been automatically offered to me yet.

Reaction score
It would be very interesting if it was actually available for the slow ring also .. :)

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
My slow ring machine is downloading it now.

Reaction score
Ok, let's say it is actually April 2020 and this happened. When might an RTM be forth coming after such a merging of the rings happen?

Sort of sounds like a movie title ;)

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
NOTE: We are looking to begin releasing new builds from our development branch. This means we will be releasing builds to Insiders in the Fast ring from the RS_PRERELEASE development branch again instead of the VB_RELEASE branch.
SOURCE: https://blogs.windows.com/windowsex...ider-preview-build-19033/#FHaRYjmkLzQo4xAg.97

I'm assuming from this comment that the fast ring will be going to "Next" maybe 20H2.
Leaving the Slow Ring machines to carry forward with 20H1 as it continues its' development

Reaction score
I'm assuming from this comment that the fast ring will be going to "Next" maybe 20H2.
Leaving the Slow Ring machines to carry forward with 20H1 as it continues its' development
I don't know if I could accept that. Since they stopped the Jump ahead ring, are they going to replace it with the fast ring and leave 4 months of development up to just the Slow ring? That may happen but it doesn't say much for what to expect from 20H1.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I wish I could ascribe some logic or even a bit of cohesive thinking to what is happening but honestly I don't even know who's in charge anymore. When Gabe left Dona was promptly installed, now that Dona is gone the inmates seem to be running the asylum.

With what just happened with 1909 and what happened months ago (February) when fast ring machines were moved to 20H1and now slow ring machines joining the 20H1 Flights, suggesting that Fast Ring will be moving to 20H2 o_O which is pretty much how I took the quote from the link I noted above.
Maybe 20H1 is already in the can and we'll wait for the new year for some announcement proclaiming that.
OR
They're actually going backwards and are going to start flighting some new "Pre-Release" version of 20H1 that has been in development in one of their internal / canary rings.

I've reread that "NOTE" I quoted above five times now and I still am not clear as to how I should interpret it.

Guess I'll just continue to take whatever comes, whenever it comes.
I'm not at all sure that it's psychologically healthy to over think it and I don't intend to rent them space in my head for free by trying to guess what their intentions might be.

Reaction score
Guess I'll just continue to take whatever comes, whenever it comes.
That's been my philosophy when I started with the Technical Preview and late Insider Preview. I took it to heart about the part of not using it on only or production machines, issues that came up didn't cause me any panic as the computers are older and not needed for anything else from testing things.

Ask a Question