Print button or option Win 10

Reaction score
In 7 I had a printer button and I could highlight test in a browser article that I wanted to print and I got option to just print the
selected text only. I can't seem to do that in window 10. What am I not doing correctly.

The print option window does not get me that option to print only selected test.
Thanks

Reaction score
I do use Edge browser. I also have firefox and IE.
My printer is Epson XP 950 but this has no bearing on why I don't have the option in Edge to print a selected text and not the entire article or page.

Reaction score
Although I don't use Edge, the print function works, unfortunately it's WYSIWYG, not selective highlighted text. BTW Fire Fox also prints the displayed (WYSIWYG) page.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The only way I can print anything in Edge browser is to copy and paste the selected text into a text editor, that is all that works for me!: :(

print selected text.JPG

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Agreed. Nothing in Edge that supports printing selected text.
Sort of surprised, now that they've started adding extensions, that they haven't seen fit to add one that would support this simple task.
Unlike other browsers, including Firefox, when you call the print driver by using the Ctrl + P keyboard combination, from which you can select " selection ", Edge doesn't support it. Probably because it is not an actual, conventional Win32 application so it behaves like other UWP Apps.

Ask a Question