printer issues

Reaction score
I have a dell Photo 926 printer, and after installing windows 10 every time I try to print is says that the printer cannot communicate with the computer. I've checked all connections, powered off both the computer and the printer, unplugged the USB connection and it still says it can't communicate. Does anyone know of a fix for this? I even uninstalled and reinstalled the printer.

Reaction score
Have you upgraded your printer software to include Windows 10 operating system? I have a Lexmark X8350 MFC which is a bit long in the tooth but does everything I want. After installing Win 10, I now find I am up for a new Multi Function Center because Lexmark don't have a software update for this model which works with Win 10. Ha Ha, free upgrade! The jokes on me. Better check out your printer Manufacturers web site. I hope you have better luck. I can't even find a manufacturer who tells you up front "Yes Sir. These models will handle Win 10.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Have you upgraded your printer software to include Windows 10 operating system? I have a Lexmark X8350 MFC which is a bit long in the tooth but does everything I want. After installing Win 10, I now find I am up for a new Multi Function Center because Lexmark don't have a software update for this model which works with Win 10. Ha Ha, free upgrade! The jokes on me. Better check out your printer Manufacturers web site. I hope you have better luck. I can't even find a manufacturer who tells you up front "Yes Sir. These models will handle Win 10.

I haven't checked for any updates from dell yet, but I will. If they don't have any updates to run windows 10 can I go back to the old operating system?

Reaction score
I'm going to presume that you have opened the control panel and added your printer using the Devices and Printers function and your printer is shown as the default printer?

Reaction score
I heard of someone that did go back to Windows 7 but they had to reformat their hard drive to do so. I think I will
push on for a while before I get that desperate.

Ask a Question