SOLVED Printer problem

Reaction score
Upgraded from Windows 7, now my Dell A810 printer will not communicate with Windows 10. I have tried re installing printer software etc without success. is there going to be a fix for this or am I going to need a new printer?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello Ian and welcome to the forum.
I assume we are talking about a USB attached printer?
How about using devices and printers in the control panel to remove the printer from your computer.
Check programs and features, also in the control panel and remove any associated drivers
Check Device manager and is there is still a reference to it there, right click and uninstall it along with associated drivers.
Unplug the printer from the computer.
Turn off your computer
Examine the printer make sure that it is on, and in an error free state, paper, ink, no flashing lights, etc.
Reboot your computer and plug it back in.
Give it a minute or two
What happens then?

Reaction score
Hello Ian and welcome to the forum.
I assume we are talking about a USB attached printer?
How about using devices and printers in the control panel to remove the printer from your computer.
Check programs and features, also in the control panel and remove any associated drivers
Check Device manager and is there is still a reference to it there, right click and uninstall it along with associated drivers.
Unplug the printer from the computer.
Turn off your computer
Examine the printer make sure that it is on, and in an error free state, paper, ink, no flashing lights, etc.
Reboot your computer and plug it back in.
Give it a minute or two
What happens then?
Thanks for the info, yes it is a USB attached ancient printer (but worked well for my needs) I have tried your suggestion but no luck. I have tried Dell support and it appears this printer is not compatible with Windows 10?? Just have to hope they come up with a fix or either the printer or Windows 10 will have to go!! Thanks anyway

Ask a Question