printer problems

Reaction score
I have 4 printers in the office, all the same BROTHER MFC 7362N - it appears non of these printers are compatable to windows 10....what do I do now.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I have 4 printers in the office, all the same BROTHER MFC 7362N - it appears non of these printers are compatable to windows 10....what do I do now.
I assume that the "N" designation indicates that they are network printers.
If you no the IP address of any or all you should be able to install the printer(s) manually.
Windows 10 does have native driver support, you will just have to click the Windows Update button when it comes time to select the driver and wait a few minutes for it to populate.
I don't have a brother printer, and have never had the drivers install locally but this is what I see when I attempt to install a fake one on LPT1 (which I also don't have).

BrotherPrinter.JPG

Failing the IP networking part, you may have to physically attach one with a USB cable and then you need to use the Windows Update button at driver time.

Reaction score
My Brother DCP-L2540DW is "found" my Microsoft, finds drivers, yet is still unable to print!
I can HTTP connect to the printer, they're on the same LAN, and my son's laptop (Win 10 Home, mine is Pro) can print, using the same drivers!
Only critical difference I can think of is that his computer and the printer are both wireless, and my PC is Wired.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
my son's laptop (Win 10 Home, mine is Pro) can print, using the same drivers!
Are both yours and your son's computer the same system architecture (32 or 64 bit) as there may be an actual driver difference between the two.
I can HTTP connect to the printer, they're on the same LAN
That's good news.
Is it possible that you have some type of third party security suite installed on your computer that may be causing the issue?
Only critical difference I can think of is that his computer and the printer are both wireless, and my PC is Wired.
That's a good thing actually. I would prefer wired to wireless anytime.

Reaction score

Hi Heather, I'm no expert, but I had exactly the same problem...I tried downloading the Brother driver software for the 7362N, but couldn't then open/run on Windows 10 the driver update to completion....extremely frustrating. I ended up ringing Brother and they identified the issues. Firstly, I had to update the Brother MFC 7362N firmware on my Brother MFC....Now because my computer with Windows 10 couldn't identify the Brother MFC 7362N to start with, I had to use my old computer (running XP) to update the firmware on the MFC. Once this was done, I could then successfully download the driver software onto my Windows 10 computer, and then connect the MFC to my Windows 10 computer, and have Windows 10 recognize the Brother MFC to allow completion.

So update your firmware on your Brother MFC 7362N first (you may need to connect your Brother MFC to a non Windows 10 computer to do so, if your Windows 10 computer won't recognize the 7362n to start with), THEN try the software driver download for the 7362N on your Windows 10 computer.

I hope this helps...it took me ages to get this sorted.

Ask a Question