Printing in color or black and white

Reaction score
new hp computer, Windows 10, Microsoft office 2016, hp Photosmart 7520
When printing from Word, the option of color or black and white does not appear on the print menu choices. How do I easily move back and forth between color and black and white (or grayscale) when trying to print? I have tried control panel, printers and printer properties. Any advice is appreciated.

Reaction score
Sounds like a printer driver problems to me, have you installed the HP full software package and drivers?

Reaction score
I had a 7520 until it died this summer. From Word 2016 , after clicking Print there was a 'printer properties' link which exposed the options for black and white etc.

So perhaps a reload of the full HP package ( get a fresh copy from HP) would be good. I would carefully COMPLETELY uninstall the printer and all HP software first tho'. HP's stuff can be difficult to get rid of. IIRC there is a web page somewhere telling you exactly what steps are required to uninstall the printer.

Reaction score
Thanks to both of you. We were thinking we may have to uninstall and reinstall. We will try that next.

Ask a Question