PRNT SCRN worked yesterday. Doesn't work today.

Reaction score
I use my FN+PRNT SCRN function several times a day. It's the fastest way to save a screenshot. I love the snipping tool, but it's not as fast as or "on the fly" as FN+PRNT SCRN.

It just stopped working today. I have Googled until I'm almost insane. I have followed the directions to reset the screenshot index, but when I get that far, screenshot index does not exist. OK - no biggie, I tell myself. I followed directions to recreate it. Nope - does nothing. I deleted what I created to not cause new issues.

I have tried other directives out there in Google world and nothing is working. So, today, I did not get many screenshots because I have lost this function and using the snipping takes way to long for my reasons using it to begin with.

I am using a dell latitude e6430. I am using Windows 10 version 1803 (OS Build 17134.345).

BTW, I am able to use the FN+PRNT SCRN function and paste. But this extra step slows me down, also. I am an online teacher. I have to screenshot as the children are working. I have a split second per shot. That's it. My eyes cannot be diverted to paste into another program without viewing the student. Yes, those seconds count.

Thank you.

Attachments

• screenshots index.JPG
    screenshots index.JPG
    105.3 KB · Views: 355
Reaction score
I am a little confused. Your first comment:
" use my FN+PRNT SCRN function several times a day. It's the fastest way to save a screenshot. I love the snipping tool, but it's not as fast as or "on the fly" as FN+PRNT SCRN."

It doesn't seem to agree with " I am able to use the FN+PRNT SCRN function and paste. But this extra step slows me down,"
You may be interested, if you are updating Windows 10 regularly, that the snipping tool is being replaced by the "Snip and sketch" tool, the results of which can be pasted direct. - You should find it in the main menu.
But, fwiw, this is the registry line I have, A little different from yours

Capture.GIF

Last edited:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Try using the Windows Logo Key combined with the Print Screen key and then Control combined with V to paste into Paint or whatever your using as you image program.