SOLVED Problem After Recent Update

Reaction score
Windows updated today and I was unable to sign, profile not recognised. I rolled back to the previous version. Now I'm getting the following message.
The user profike servicefailed the sigh-in.
Userprofile cannot be loaded.
Doeas anyone have anysugestions to getmeback in?

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Clydesider,

Welcome to the Forum.

There are at least three ways we could approach this problem, but before going into that I just wanted to clarify what you meant by Windows updated today.

Are you meaning you upgraded from another Windows operating system (e.g. 7, 8 or 8.1) to Windows 10, or
did you simply mean you received a cumulative update for a current Windows 10 installation?

One other thing. How many User accounts do you have, and is the one you cannot login with a member of the Administrative Group?

Regards,

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Regedit32,
It was acumulative update, I originally updgraded from Win8 whenit became available.
There is only a single administrator account, no others.
I cannot get pastthe "The blue" sign in screen.

Regedit32

Reaction score
Does it get to a lock screen first which you click to see the logon page?

If yes, have you noticed a Switch User option on the lock screen. If you did, click that which will show your only user account, select that, then you ought to be able to sign in.

Failing that do you know how to get to Safe Mode from the logon page - i.e. holding shift key down while clicking power icon and selecting restart. Can you confirm whether you are able to get into Safe Mode because if you can we can attempt to resolve issue via there; otherwise you'll be needed a bootable Windows 10 DVD or USB stick.

Reaction score
Managed toget in via safe start, was forced to do a reset. Lost programs butretainedfiles.
Many thanks for your help.

Ask a Question