SOLVED Problem at Startup

Reaction score
Hi, I am new to this forum and not sure if I am posting in the correct place. I am a senior lady and don't know a lot about computers so any help would be appreciated. When I start my Windows 10 computer I get the message

RUN DLL There was a problem starting. C\\WINDOWS\system32\eed - ec.dll The specified module could not be found.

Can anyone explain to me (as simply as possible) what this means and what I need to do about it?
Thankyou

Reaction score
It looks like that this file belongs to a Samsung Printer. Do you have such thing?? If so, I would recommend to uninstall the printer and re-install it ( just like you did when you installed it the first time).
Maybe someone else has more ideas...

Reaction score
Yes I do in fact have a couple of Samsung printers. My older one which I use with my Windows 7 wasn't compatible with Windows 10 . I think I did actually get it to work on an older driver. My current Samsung is the one I use now. I will take your advice and I will uninstall all the Samsung software and then reinstall my current printer and see if that helps.
Thankyou for your help. Much appreciated.

Reaction score
This is definetly a Samsung Printer Driver , This is the The process known as Samsung Easy Eco Driver - Core Module,

So i will suggest go ahead and Uninstall the Drivers, Use below steps
Hold the Windows Key and Press R. Type appwiz.cpl and Click OK. Find your Samsung Printer driver/utility in the list of installed programs. Double click the Samsung Product/Utility to uninstall it.

If you cannot find your printer utility in Programs and Features, you can uninstall the printer using Device Manager. Hold the Windows Key and Press X then choose Device Manager.

Go to the Printers section and find your Samsung printer. Right-click your Samsung printer and click Uninstall it may ask you if you wish uninstall the drivers from the system as well, choose YES. (make sure you put the tick mark in the checkbox

After successfully uninstalling the drivers, you now need to reinstall the drivers. Go to the Samsung’s website, and search for your printer by it’s model number – after the search has found the printer’s driver, download the latest driver and install it. Once done, restart your computer and test.

Hope this resolves the issue , But if you still face the issue than we might have to run a scan on the system.

Reaction score
This is definetly a Samsung Printer Driver , This is the The process known as Samsung Easy Eco Driver - Core Module,

So i will suggest go ahead and Uninstall the Drivers, Use below steps
Hold the Windows Key and Press R. Type appwiz.cpl and Click OK. Find your Samsung Printer driver/utility in the list of installed programs. Double click the Samsung Product/Utility to uninstall it.

If you cannot find your printer utility in Programs and Features, you can uninstall the printer using Device Manager. Hold the Windows Key and Press X then choose Device Manager.

Go to the Printers section and find your Samsung printer. Right-click your Samsung printer and click Uninstall it may ask you if you wish uninstall the drivers from the system as well, choose YES. (make sure you put the tick mark in the checkbox

After successfully uninstalling the drivers, you now need to reinstall the drivers. Go to the Samsung’s website, and search for your printer by it’s model number – after the search has found the printer’s driver, download the latest driver and install it. Once done, restart your computer and test.

Hope this resolves the issue , But if you still face the issue than we might have to run a scan on the system.

Thanks for explaining this so very clearly!

Ask a Question