Problem Solved

Reaction score
I have been having a problem booting my system. If I restart, it fails to boot and I have to repair it. If I start in the morning it fails to start and I again have to repair it.

I just discovered the problem and hope it helps others. I went to BIOS and selected "Optimized Defaults" and it functions perfectly. I went back to BIOS and selected "Ultra Fast Boot" and when it attempted to start it bumped me clear out and insisted on my installing a restore image or media disk. That would not even load . I then went back to BIOS and selected "Optimized Defaults" and it started as it should.

Although I do not understand the reason behind the issue, I am marking this as Solved.

Last edited:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I wonder what the actual difference between those two selection might be on a granular level especially regarding the boot menu and drive controller settings.
Additionally, I'm wondering .....
If the install had been perform with the BIOS setting already at "Ultra Fast Boot" if that would make a difference in the behavior.

Reaction score
I wonder what the actual difference between those two selection might be on a granular level especially regarding the boot menu and drive controller settings.
Additionally, I'm wondering .....
If the install had been perform with the BIOS setting already at "Ultra Fast Boot" if that would make a difference in the behavior.
Installed from a Windows 10 disk I purchased from Amazon.com and "Ultrafast Boot" had not been selected at the time of install.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
It should still be there unless you've disabled hibernation. For some reason that makes it disappear.
right click the start button and choose Command prompt (Admin) and in the command prompt Window type
powercfg -h on
hit enter
reboot and go back and check if the option magically reappeared.

Reaction score
Yes, like magic, there it is. However; when I selected it and restarted it would not do that without a repair. Then I shut down and it would not start without a repair. When I deselected it , the pc starts and restarts normally.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
As I figured "too easy"....
It probably has more to do with MBR vs. GPT / Legacy BIOS vs. UEFI
That is..... how the motherboard was configured prior to the install.

Ask a Question