Problem with HP Printer Installation

Reaction score
After the Update my HP scan is not working at all and does not provide any errors as well.
I tried reinstalling the printer after complete uninstall and reinstallation provide me fatal Error message and advice to cancel the installation .Manual addition of the printer succeeded .But scan is not possible.

Reaction score
Or Windows fax and scan from Windows accessories.

IS the printer visible in Devices in Settings should show up at least twice. As a printer, a scanner and as a thing called HPxxxxx which is its airprint name...assuming it is a full scale all-in-one.

In my experience with HP printers and W10 just plugging the printer into the machine without downloading anything from HP will have windows find a driver and work fine.

Reaction score
I never install or use any app with my HP. I simply access the printer's built in web server menu by entering my printer's IP address in my browser. From there, it is easy to scan (or fax). This, of course, assumes the device supports being networked and is connected to your network.

I have never used the Windows Scan App from the Microsoft store - that is probably a better option than using HP,s app. The problem with HP's app is that it is very bloated with all sorts of features most users don't need, including many that deal with cloud printing and storage and other features that might compromise you privacy. This is not to single out HP - the other device makers do the same thing.

When I install a new device, I visit the device maker's site and download the "Driver Only" package - not their suite of apps.

Ask a Question