Problem with latest update?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
We see quite a bit of .....
I installed the "latest update" and this (or that) happened.
I saw today that evidently, yesterday Microsoft released a new Cumulative Update for those folks still running the Anniversary Update version of Windows 10 (KB4034661 OS Build 14393.1613), ( https://support.microsoft.com/ha-latn-ng/help/4034661/windows-10-update-kb4034661 ) so.....
It occurs to me that it is important when attempting to address such posts that we determine which version of Windows 10 the OP is running AND which specific update resulted in the problem.
Not necessarily because the solution might be obvious, as that is not likely, but so as to distinguish between the various possible installed versions and possibly suggest
An "upgrade" to the latest version (if and when practical)
A possible Roll-back to a previous build if possible.
Uninstalling the problem update if possible and deferring it for a month using wushowhide.diagcab
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...t-a-driver-update-from-reinstalling-in-window
To run the troubleshooter, open wushowhide.diagcab, select Next, and then follow the instructions in the troubleshooter to hide the problematic driver or update.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Ahh, Jeez..... can't a guy dream. A little fantasy is suppose to be good for you, although at my age can also be a health risk. :)
Now where did I put my hen's tooth necklace.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I have one of those too, but.....
It's on loan a lot, along with my book of spells and chants to other Windows 10 users.

Reaction score
I hope that someone in the wonderful world of Microsoft actually starts writing guides that actually make sense to the common man/woman (talking about guides supplied by MS on their support pages), I have noticed that some of their guides are written so badly that they aren't legible to mere mortals. Thank heaven for forums like this one!. :)

Ask a Question