Problem with my Publisher98 app.

Reaction score
I've had Publisher98 on disc for years which I use in my local charity work but since downloading the latest edition of Windows 10 it opens aand everything seems to be there but it will not open all my past old documents which I obviously need

Reaction score
Since there's no response I can only offer the oldest Publisher I have on a computer is from Office 2007. Usually I can test older files when I them available.

Reaction score
I've had Publisher98 on disc for years which I use in my local charity work but since downloading the latest edition of Windows 10 it opens aand everything seems to be there but it will not open all my past old documents which I obviously need
I have the same problem

Reaction score
Do you mean that an update for Windows 10 has broken Pulisher98, or do you mean that you've just upgraded to Windows 10 from some earlier version of Windows?

Either way, Publisher98 is an ancient product now. In your poistion I would temporarily go back to whatever version of Windows works with Publisher98 and migrate your old documents to something more modern like Office365 or something open source like LibreOffice.

Reaction score
A couple of thoughts:
A program I use is QuickView Plus, can see a number of formats, sometimes can Select and Copy data.
Haven't tried this yet but looks like it might work:

Reaction score
Happened to be in my Publisher 2007 [on another computer] and thought to share the list of files it can Save as, should be able to open the same. Note, appears Publisher 98 did things differently, but then there was a change to Outlook 97 which prompted Outlook 98 coming out.

Attachments

• Publisher 2007 file types.png
    Publisher 2007 file types.png
    32.9 KB · Views: 30

Ask a Question