Problem with restart

Reaction score
Every time my windows 10 restarts lately, it only loads partially. Now I am getting a message "another instance is already running...configuration system failed to initialize" What can I do to fix these two problems! I appreciate any help..

Reaction score
Every time my windows 10 restarts lately, it only loads partially. Now I am getting a message "another instance is already running...configuration system failed to initialize" What can I do to fix these two problems! I appreciate any help..

Laurie> I am not an expert here, but just to let you know, I had this problem before, and here is what I did that worked for me....

Start/Run/ type in msconfig in the RUN space. Then click on the Services tab and then on disable all. Restart your computer and hopefully that will get it back to normal again. Anyway it worked for me. Then once you get it working again, you might need to enable everything once again after restarting. That just sort of turns everything off that may have not shut down properly before.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Then click on the Services tab and then on disable all.
STOP......
Do not "disable all" before first checking the box that says "Hide Microsoft Services".
If you "disable all" including Microsoft Services, then your machine may become unstable if not inoperable.

If you are going to try and chase down an issue at start up then you may want to follow the instructions for Windows 8 / 8.1 here
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135
It works the same on Windows 10

Reaction score
In my case I ran Task Manager when the dialogue box was open and saw "Web Companion" was running. A little research and found a number of other people having the same issue - Web Companion is a part of Adaware from Lavasoft. This was easily removed via Program and Features.

Ask a Question