Problem With The Battery On The Application Bar

Reaction score
The battery on the application bar is disappeared when I switch on the computer. I settle the problem from " Gestione Dispositivi" and the icon reappairs but when I switch off the computer and then I switch on again the icon always disappears.

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Giancarlo,

Welcome to the forum.

Your problem may be due to incorrect Power Notification settings which can be changed by doing the following:
  • Right-click on empty spot of Taskbar then select Settings
  • This will open the Settings window. In this window scroll down to Notification area section, highlighted in the following sample image:

power.png

• You can see two hyperlinked options here:
    • Select which icons appear on taskbar
    • Turn system icons on or off
  • Click on each of these hyperlinks and turn on the Power option listed

Regards,

Regedit32

Reaction score
Dear Regedit 32,

Iven if I have my Windows Ten in Italian language I reached the notification area that is a little different from your picture. I followed your procedure but the botton showing “show badges on taskbar buttons” remain on OFF (it is not possible to turn it on ON) and also the request to “select which icon appear on taskbar” doesn’t work. Then I went to CONTROL PANEL- DEVICE MANAGER- BATTERY – NOTES CHANGES HARDWARE (Rileva Modifiche Hardware in Italian) I clicked on it and I solved the problem, the icon battery appears in the task bar. But when I switch off and than switch on the computer the icon disappears again. It seems that the computer doesn’t memorize the changes. It means that every time I turn on my computer I shall repeat every time this operation. Any way I would like to thank you for your suggestions and help.

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Giancarlo,

If the Notifications Power Button is set to off and greyed out (meaning you cannot turn it on), and your Battery Icon can be made to appear, but it disappears after restarting computer, then you may need to reset the System Tray icons cache via your Registry.

In this scenario you need to temporarily turn Windows Explorer process off which will darken your Screen making the Desktop unable to be viewed. This is normal; and only a temporary change which we can turn on again once you have done the tasks needed to reset System Tray icon cache.

The steps are as follows:
  • Close all open applications, like email, web pages, Word, etcetera, so you are at your Desktop.
  • Right-click your Taskbar on empty spot and select Task Manager

Note: You could also open Task Manager by right-clicking Start, then left-clicking Task Manager

• Your Task Manager window will open and by default the Processes tab will be displaying.

On this tab, scroll down and right-click the Windows Explorer process and select End task.

Note: This will darken your screen and your Desktop temporarily will not be able to be seen, nor will your Taskbar be visible for now. This is normal. We'll turn it back on shortly.

Sample Image

we.png

• Next at the top left corner of Task Manager window left-click on File and left-click on Run new task

Sample Image

we2.png

• A new Create new task window will pop up.

In this one type cmd in the Open box and put a Check in the box next to Create this task with administrative privileges.

Sample Image

we3.png

When your window looks like this click OK

• This will open the Administrator: Command Prompt window.

In this window type or copy & paste the following command:

Code:
    reg delete "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\TrayNotify" /v IconStreams

Press Enter key to execute command.

You will then be asked to confirm your action. Type Y and press Enter key

Next, inside same window type or copy & paste the following command:

Code:
    reg delete "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\TrayNotify" /v PastIconStream

Press Enter key to execute this command.

You will then be asked to confirm your action. Type Y and press Enter key

Sample Image

we4.png

Note: It is possible the PastIconStream value may not exist. If it does not exist, rather than viewing a alert telling you "The operation completed successfully", you will instead see an alert saying, "ERROR: The system was unable to find the specified registry key or value." This is normal, and nothing to worry about.

• Finally, inside the same Administrator: Command Prompt window type explorer.exe then press your Enter key to execute.

This will re start your Windows Explorer process and you will be able to see your Desktop and Taskbar again.

Finally, inside the same Administrator: Command Prompt window type Exit then press Enter key.

This will close the Administrator: Command Prompt window.

Sample Image

we5.png

At this point you can also close Task Manager, and restart your computer to allow the Windows Operating System to rebuild the Registry values you just deleted. When you log back on to your Desktop your System Tray icons ought to reappear; and hopefully your Power Battery icon will be displaying also.

Regards,

Regedit32

Reaction score
Dear Regedit32,
Thank you very much, I am not a great expert in this operations but I try and I'll let you know, Thank you again for your patience in explaining me the procedure.
Giancarlo

Ask a Question