Problem with windows 10 safemode

Reaction score
I having a problem with windows 10. I put windows in to safe mode to fix a problem in windows 10. I when in to msconfig and clicked the safe mode tick box. When I got the the login in screen for windows 10 safe mode, windows 10 would not let me login when I type in the right password. I use my Microsoft account to login into windows 10. So then I tried the troubleshoot options for windows 10 which are in advanced options: system restore, startup repair, go back to the previous version and command prompt all need a password after windows 10 restarts and windows 10 will not let me login then the right password in typed in to windows. I also try startup settings and try to get window to boot in to safe mode by pressing the number 5 key on the keyboard, but windows 10 just goes back to the safe mode login page with no network.

I contacted Microsoft about the problem 3 times. First time I was asked the download a iso of windows 10 to a usb stick, which I did using a laptop. So I try again to use the troubleshoot options in advanced options but this time from the usb stick. I try system restore and go back to the previous version which both failed, start-up repair just when back to the safe mode login screen. Command Prompt loads up when I chick on it.

I get the command line X:\Sources>

I am trying to get windows 10 from safe mode into safe mode with network by using cmd. I read online that I need to type in command X:\Window\system32>bcedit\set {default} safeboot network ,then I press enter on keyboard and the command does not work. I did \C cd: to get it into to X:\Window\system32> ,which did not work.

I need to change safe mode to safe mode with network from cmd ?

I contacted Microsoft support asks for help with this problem and they asked to remote my window 10 and I have to tell then that I typing on my phone and they can’t remote my windows 10, then they ask me to do press the windows key + r to bring up run box and I have to tell them the I cannot login to window. After 3 Microsoft support staff, I was passed on to one of the tech staff and after 2 hour of the tech staff try to fix the problem on my windows 10, they gave up.

Also resetting windows 10 64 bit is not a option,as I will loss all of the tabs on Firefox. So I think of getting a

External Hard Drive Enclosure, so can get my files of the hard drive using another windows computer. but be for I do that, any idea on how I go about fixing this problem ? I have cmd but don’t know that to type into fix the problem.

Thank you for reading

Rexrapter1234

Regedit32

Reaction score
Can you confirm whether you are attempting to sign-in to Safe Mode with a pin or your Microsoft Account password.

Safe Mode will not accept pin sign-in, meaning you must use your Microsoft Account password.

Ask a Question