Problems with mail

Reaction score
use windows live mail but when trying to open says faultwith calander must close. tried uninstaling and reinstaling now cant find

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Reaction score
Thanks noob
got live mail back but still comes up with the message calendar contains corrupt data closing live mail (0x8000402)
as I dont use the calander dont understand this

Reaction score
Can use outlook but have lost all my contacts any way to get them back not sure they will be there after reinstalling live mail even if it works

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
calendar contains corrupt data closing live mail (0x8000402)
First off, I want to admit that I haven't used Live Mail in years, so......
I just installed it now on my Windows 10 machine for testing purposes.
It worked flawlessly. All my contacts and calendar information was there and intact.
When opening I find that it says Live Mail 2012, so I suppose we should start there. Are you running the 2012 version?

There is some information here about possible corrupt information in your cached account settings and renaming it to start afresh
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...02a-then/5b12a64a-b225-41c0-a44d-f2aa32a176ff

A simple renaming would seem easy enough to try, as renaming it back again would put you back to where you are now at least.

Reaction score
Thanks noob
got live mail back but still comes up with the message calendar contains corrupt data closing live mail (0x8000402)
as I dont use the calander dont understand this

Go to Programs and Features > select Windows Essentials > at the top, click Uninstall/Change > select Repair.
See if repair can fix the problem at all.

Reaction score
Possibly you upgraded from Windows 7, and it has corrupted the calendar info because of date conflictions.
If davidhk's suggestion does not work, Try this:
Delete the local copy of the calendar:
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail\Calendars\

See if Windows LIve Mail will now start for you.

Ask a Question